The BeyHive II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Leticia
Leticia
Admin
https://iwasherethinking.tumblr.com

-..Change Of Heart..- by aTlaNtA_ClAsSiC Empty -..Change Of Heart..- by aTlaNtA_ClAsSiC

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 am
-..Change Of Heart..-

Written by aTlaNtA_ClAsSiC

I wasnt supposed to fall in love, but i guess things change... Shawn "Jay" Carter

-Chapter One-

The scene around me was now all too familar to everyone who knew me. The upper level of the mansion in the suburbs was packed once again on another cold Saturday night. It was the usual party, but only this time it was for one of my homeboys album releases. And of course I had to make my grand appearence. So I came, to get my fair share of alcohol, my dances, and my two-step on. This was the life and more important the business. I loved it, but sometimes it did get boring, but shit, I couldn't tell the media that. But on a good day, this was the f*cking life.

" Come on Jay, we bout to get up on these Spades in the back" a friend of mines said walking past me in the kitchen

I looked over my shoulder and shook my head at him " Nah, thats okay. Lemme know when yall playing a real man's game"

" You must be crazy, No one can touch you in Poker"

I downed the last of my drink " Exactly my point. Aye you seen Aaliyah around here?"

" Mmhm, she sitting outside with Amil and Ashanti."

" Outside? The hell..." I got up off the stool I was sitting on, and pushed through the crowd of sweaty people to get to the front door. I opened it and there she was, my sidekick Babygirl. " Yo whatchu doing outside?"

" Im sitting what does it look like Jay?"

She had a slick mouth when she was around her friends, but any other time she knew what was up " You gone get enough of showing off Aaliyah"

" Aint nobody showing off, why dont you go back inside with ya hoes" Ashanti said smaking her lips at me

" Yo, lemme tell you somethan you non-singing trick, you aint Aaliyah so dont be talking to me like that. I wont shoot her, but ill bust a cap in yours feel me"

" Jay you need to calm down, thats a female you talking to" Aaliyah said grabbing my arm

I shrugged and spit on the ground away from them. " Ion give a f*ck, she dont f*cking know me"

" Maybe we should leave?" she said. I looked down at my blackberry as it went off on my hip. I turned it towards me and read the message from Bleek, telling me that it was about to start. I nodded and smiled, before turning it off

" Nah, stay here, ill be back in about an hour or so to check on you" I kissed her forehead and started to run back up the steps " Liyah im not f*ckin playing with you. Dont go no where, stay right here"

" Why should I stay here, so you can go f*ck some other b.itch" she yelled throwing her hands up

I twisted my mouth up " Yo what I tell you about being in my business like that. This is why I leave you at home. You dont know when to keep yo mouth shut sometimes damn. Now do like I said and stay here"

She sighed and looked away " Whatever Jay" she mumbled, but i heard her ass

" The f*ck you just say..." I started walking towards her " Huh? What I tell you about whatevering me? Huh?"

Amil grabbed me back " Jay forreal calm down, leave her alone okay."

" Yeah...you lucky I gotta go, otherwise I'd tell all you es about yall self. Especially you Aaliyah. Im bout sick of you and your lil slick ass mouth. Imma call Dame and make sure he take you home, ill be there later on to deal with you"

I snatched away from Amil and turned on my heals and walked away from them, and went to the basement where the real party was waiting for me. And her name was Carmen and her friends name was Mary Jane. ( i.e. the drug). I know you could say I do Aaliyah so dirty but shit, this was me before we met and this is gone be me, when we break up. She knows how my temper is, and she knows I cheat but she aint complaining when I lay her ass out with a piece of her own. I take care of her, and then some. Ion care what anyone says, I aint never gone change.
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

-..Change Of Heart..- by aTlaNtA_ClAsSiC Empty Re: -..Change Of Heart..- by aTlaNtA_ClAsSiC

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:20 am
-Chapter Two-

I swirled the ice around in my Crown Royal glass, letting the last bit on alcohol burn the back on my throat, making my chest burn for the last time tonight. Drinking was my only option at this moment. I needed something to compromise the bullshit that was being spat in my ear by a female who was getting too comfortable. I got home about 1 in the morning and ever since then Aaliyah's been causing a scene for no damn reason. By then I was already drunk, and she was making my buzz go crazy. I slammed the cup down on the cherry wood of the bar in my 7.5 million dollar house sitting pretty in Brooklyn.

I felt a smack upside my head “Are you even listening to me”

“The F*ck!” I yelled as a quick reaction. I snatched her up by her wrist and pushed her away from me

She grew petrified at the scene “Shawn your hurting me!”

I grabbed her arm again, only tighter “The f*ck you just call me?” I yelled again. She wasn’t anybody that special, so that name was out of the question. You had to have my heart to call me that, and she sure as hell wasn’t close.

“I meant…Jay.”

“Do I look stupid to you, get the f*ck outta here" I reached in my back pocket and pulled out a black and mild. I lit it and took it in.

“This is my house too Jay, I do as much as you do around here”

I blew a ring of smoke in her face and laughed “Nah as I recall, I bought this house. Im the million dollar rapper that makes the money that you try and get yo  hands on. Last time I checked, you wasn’t s.hit.”

She sighed “Your right”

“Like always, now do me a favor”

She looked up “What”

“Go refill my glass, since you aint doing nothing else with your life”

“But I was about to go take my shower now”

I took in another drag, “I don’t remember asking you what you was about to do. I do remember however that I asked you to go and refill my glass. Now which one are you gonna choose?”

She looked at the stairs that led to the bathroom, and then at the empty glass sitting next to me, with nothing but ice in it. She rolled her eyes at me and then started for the steps. My face dropped, as I found myself charging at her. My left hand made a C around the back of her neck, and I pulled her back towards the bar.

“Pick that damn cup up and go refill it like I asked you to do” I growled in her ear as I forcefully let her go. She stumbled to get the cup, and went back behind the bar. I dug my hand into my pocket, as my blackberry went off.

“Wussup Bleek” I said in a low tone, trying to seclude her from the conversation

“Man nothing, just trying to get out of the studio. Swiss just left this beat for you man. He wants you to listen to it”

“Iight, ill look at it prollly in the morning. It aint that late, whats the move for tonight?

Bleek laughed “Thought you had a nightly jump-off. What Aaliyah no good anymore”

I took another drag and looked over at her as she poured my drink “Yo she can suck my d.ick, that girl is gone find herself back out on the streets if she keep crossing me” I said making sure she heard me.

“She standing right in front of you huh?”

“Yup” he broke out laughing, and hell I did too.

“Damn you so cold. But that’s why you the greatest Jay. Keeping the hoes on the leash. And in between the sheets. Royal quote.”

“Yeah. But s.hit, i might just go crash for tonight, and ill meet up with you at the studio ."

“Iight Jay. Deuces”

“Deuces” I hung up my phone and snatched my drink from her  “Better not tried to drug me neither. Then you’ll really be hurting ”

I put out my black and mild and took the drink straight to the head. I felt the previous buzz come back, and everything felt all good. This was how I lived my life. Well…sometimes it was. Aaliyah looked over at me like she was gone cry or something

“The f*ck you looking at”

“Why you treat me the way you do Jay. I do so much for you and you don’t even acknowledge that?”

“You give me a reason to respect you and ill give you some results. Till then…im going to to bed. Wake me up at 11, so I can get up out of here."

She dropped her head and wiped up the mess she made " Alright" she said with a sigh. I got up and went upstairs without looking back at her. I hated doing her like that but damn she was a walking headache, and worked my nerves. But on the other hand, she has always been next to me. She wasn't going to be wifey or anything but she was just always there for me.But I provided for her, and thats just how we live.
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

-..Change Of Heart..- by aTlaNtA_ClAsSiC Empty Re: -..Change Of Heart..- by aTlaNtA_ClAsSiC

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:21 am
-Chapter Three-

Getting up the next morning and going to the studio was the best thing that has happened to me so far. I had to listen to Aaliyah complain and  all night about the littlest shit. It go so bad that I got up about 5 this morning and literally pick her up and carry her outside of my room. I set her ass right there on her floor and locked my door back. And when I woke up she was still laying right there onlu this time she was sleep, and boy was I glad because she was really starting to get on my last damn nerves.

When I got to the studio Bleek was there already with Pharell and Swiss

" Yo about damn time you got here, where you been man its going on 1" Pharell said

I shook my head and sat down in my chair " Guess why?"

They all looked at each other and mumbled the same thing " Aaliyah"

" Yeah...that girl is gone be the death of me. I bet she planning it right now. How to kill me"

" That wouldn't be suprising. Anyways, you ready to start this song?" Swiss asked

I nodded and leaned back in the chair as the beat started for the song.By the end of the beat I had the first part in my head and went to lay it down in the booth

Yo Yo J-A-Y, I flow sick
F*ck all y'all haters blow d.ick
I spits the game for those that throw bricks
Money cash hoes money cash chicks what
S.ex m.urder and mayhem romance for the street
Only wife of mines is a life of crime
And since, life's a b.itch in mini-skirts and big chests
How can I not flirt with death
That's life's a n.igga, long as life prevent us
We gonna sin a lot and pray to Christ forgive us
F*ck it
Ice the wrists and raise the price on these niggaz
Y'all cant floss on my level
I'll invite you all to get wit us if ya ball is glitter
When I go all the harlem playaz wall my picture
If you get close enough you can read the scripture
It reads money cash hoes how real was that nigga what

Chorus: (repeat 2X)

Money cash hoes money cash hoes (WHAT)
Money cash hoes money cash hoes (UHH)
Money cash hoes money cash hoes (COME ON)
Money cash hoes (WHAT) hoes (WHAT) hoes (WHAT)

I motioned for them to stop the track and I stepped out the booth recieving nothing but daps from my boys. I nodded and looked at my watch

" Yo Pharell what time you gotta be up outta here"

He looked up " Plane leaves at 8"

" Good, kuz i think I gotta lot more to say in the booth"

--Aaliyah POV--

After Jay left, I decided I would go get my nails done and then go get something to eat. When I got to the resturant, it was kinda packed but it was the most I've done alone since Jay and I hooked up. I sat at my table waiting for the waiter, humming, and tracing my index finger around the rim of my water glass

" So are there words that goes with all that humming you doing?" a voice said. I looked up and smiled a little

I shrugged " Somewhere out there, I just dont remember them"

He laughed " So what are you doing here alone, where's Jay?"

" At the studio as usual. How come your not there too?"

He shrugged " I had better things to do than to listen to more music. You know, I gotta have fun too. Music isn't everything you know"

" I wish Jay thought like that. Thats all life is to him is music. And industry sex. Thats all life is to him. One big party"

He looked down a little " Sorry to hear that."

" I manage to get over it" I looked at the empty chair he was leaning on " Would you like to sit down"

He looked behind them, then around and nodded " Sure, id love to" he said winking at me

" Sooo...tell me about yourself Damon...I mean is it okay if I call you that."

He smiled " Of course its okay. Dame is what my boys call me. the last time I checked, you definatly arnt a boy" I smiled up at him, and then it nearly dropped when I realized he was checking me out.He caught on to me looking at him " Im sorry I think im out of line"

" Just a little, I mean no one has time for Jay's mouth"

He nodded " How about we not, talk about Jay. I know how that subject goes."

I smiled " I can do that"

In all honestly I had no idea what I was doing. Espcially here with one of Jay's Best friends. I think I should leave, but apart of me really wants to stay.
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

-Chaper Four-

As I headed out of the studio I checked my calls as I just started walking to my car. It was an all Black Maybach, with black rims. Too nice. I unlocked the door but it didnt unlock. I musta forgotten to lock it before comming in. I shrugged and got in the car. I sat there for a second before taking my jacket off. I started the car and tossed the jacket in the back seat. I heard a noise come from the back, so I turned around.

" The hell" I mumbled, turning around. I looked on the seat but didn't see anything. My eyes hit the floor, and my heart fell out of my chest. There was a little girl curled into a ball on the floor.

" Hey" I said

I didnt know if she was dead or not. Couldn't be dead kuz she made a noise.

I touched her arm " Hey" I whispered soflty. Her arms moved from her face and she looked up at me with these dark brown eyes, and a tear stained face and snot comming out her nose.She started backing into the corner of the door. I drew my hand back

" Nooo" she whined and started to cry again.

" Dont be scared, I just want to help you"

" Noo" she cried again

I put my hands up " I promsie I wont hurt you, I just want to help you. but you gotta trust me okay"

She looked around and then sat up a little " oTay"

I got out of the car and opened the back door and got in the back with her. She stood up and threw her little arms over the seat and tried jumping up on it. I admit, that had to be the cutest thing ever, watching her trying to get up there.

" Hep me" she cried out in frustration. I smiled and pulled her up on the seat with me. She put her finger in her mouth and looked at me.

" Soo..." I said looking around

She giggled " sooo" she repeated

" How'd you get in my car?"

she shrugged " I woke up here"

" Hm. How old are you?" I asked

She shook her head, letting her curly ponytails go everywhere " I can't tell you"

" Why?"

" You a swanger"

I nodded with understandment. I couldn't expect her to know who I was. Even if she did, i was still a stranger to her " Okay, how about I tell you about me first. Would that help you?"

She nodded

" Okay, im a rapper. I go by Jay-Z, but my friends call me Jay. But my real name is Shawn. Im 28, and I live here in Brooklyn. I own a club, and I have a big house. What about you ma'am" I asked holding a pretend microphone to her little mouth. She looked down and broke out laughing, she pushed my hand away

" Your funny Shawn" I bit my lip a little when she called me Shawn. Usuallt Id have a fit when someone called me Shawn. But I couldn't get upset with her. This was someones baby in front of me

I smiled " So tell me about you little miss. How old are you"

She held up four fingers "Almost Four!" she said proudly

"Almost Four? Wow your a big girl, when's your birthday?"

" September 4th...thats me and my mommys birfday"

I looked up at her " Speaking of your mommy...do you know where she is?

She lowered her head " No...not since this morning. and affer that I didnt see her no more" tears formed in her eyes and she started to cry again. this time I grabbed a tissue and wiped her face off.

" Hey, dont cry okay. I promise we are going to find her okay"

She nodded " oTay"

" Can you tell me your name" She nodded " Okay what is it. It's okay to tell me"

" Promise"

I looked at her confused " Yes I promise that it's okay"

" Noo" she giggled " My name is Promise"

" Promise? Thats a very pretty name, for a very pretty girl"

She smiled " Thank you"

I looked down at the glowing clock on my phone. It was 1 in the morning, and there was no way I could leave her here by herself. I had no choice. She had to come with me

" It's getting late Promise, i think that you have to come with me until the morning"

She curled herself back into a ball " You not going to hurt me are you"

" No...I would never hurt a child. Thats my word." i held out my pinky

She looked at my finger and smiled " oTay, ill go wif you" she said linking her finger to mine
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

-Chapter Five-

When I got back home, Promise had fell asleep on the backseat, with her head hanging down. I know her neck had to hurt kuz that was a long drive. When I took her out of the car, she clung to me in her sleep, and I gotta admit, it was cute. When I got in the house, I looked around for Aaliyah. the last thing I needed right now was her pressing me with 21 questions. I for one didn't wanna hear her mouth. But thankfully she wasnt here. I guess she was staying back at her place tonight, but as of now I really didn't care

I took Promise all the way upstairs and laid her down in the guest room closest to mine. I pulled back the covers and laid her in the middle of the bed and placed pillows around her before taking her shoes off. I dont know much about kids, but I did know however that they do tend to roll in their sleep.

She opened one of her little eyes and looked up at me " Night Night"

" Goodnight Promise"

I left the closet light on for her incase she were to get scared. I left the door open and walked down to my room and went into the bathroom to take a long shower. I didnt know what exactly I was doing here. I mean aint never had any kinda real contact with a child since about 5 and a half years ago, but shit thats along story, and im too damn tired to tell it. I got out, and put on some basketball shorts and a t-shirt and laid down in my bed to crash

I couldn't have been sleep for more than half an hour before I felt something hitting me in the arm

" Pisst!" a voice said next to me. I rolled over and came face to face with Promise

" Whats the matter" I asked openeing my eyes a little more

" Did I wake you"

I shook my head " Naw lil ma, you didnt wake me up. Whats the matter, why you not in the bed sleeping like every little boy and girl should at 3 in the morning?"

" Can you take me to the bathroom. I gotta go potty"

I sat up in the bed and got up to take her down to the guest bathroom. I turned on the light and let the seat down for her, I turned to walk out but she stopped me

" Dont go too far...I dont know where nuffin is"

I nodded " Alright, imma be right outside iight"

" Kay"

A few minutes later she came walking out, hands washed and all. She was a big girl forreal. I turned off the light and took her hand and led her back to the guest room. I helped her back into bed and covered her back up

"Aiight lil ma, are you gone be alright in here tonight"

She shrugged a little and looked off to the side

" Something wrong" she looked at me and shook her head. " Whatchu thinking about kid?"

" My mommy"

" Im sure that she's fine and doing all she can to find you Promise. We'll talk about all of that in the morning okay. For now close your eyes okay, its way past your bedtime Im sure"

She nodded and closed her eyes. I nodded and started to walk out but she called my name. I stopped and turned to her " Yeah kid"

" Tank you"

I smiled at her before she fell back into her sleep " You welcome kid"

---<>---

The next morning when I got up Promise was sitting in the middle of my floor watching t.v. I got up took another shower and got dressed in a pair of Jeans and a black Rocawear T-shirt. Luckily I had a shipment of Rocawear for kids still in the box for Promise. She picked out a pair of Roc capri's and a matching orange shirt with white socks. We even had roc underware. She had everything she needed for a bath

" So are you ready to take your bath" I asked as we walked towards the bathroom

" Yes, but i cant wif you watching. My mommy gives me a baf"

I knealt down to her level " I understand that, but your mom isn't here Promise, and Im scared to leave you in the tub alone"

" I can wash myself"

" You sure"

she nodded " Uh-huh, my mommy just watches me while i bafe"

I smiled " well come on and lets run your water"

---<>---

After her bath, we went downstairs and I made two bowls of cereal. My cook was off today so I did what I could; and cereal was the best. I looked over at Promise, as she moved the Cherrios from side to side with her spoon

" You want something else, I can always call in for breakfast"

She shook her head " This is fine, Im just not that hungry no mores"

" You miss your mommy huh lil ma?" she nodded and I rubbed her back " I know you do, and I promise we gone find her okay"

" Kay" she said picking up her spoon again. She finished her cereal and I helped her down from the chair

" Look, I gotta make a phone call so why dont you go ahead in the entertainment room and watch t.v. Imma be there soon iight" she nodded and ran towards the room where I showed her. Promise entered the room, where the t.v. was already on. She got comfortable on the big chair and leaned back on a cushion. The Backyardigans went on a commerical, and a fimilar face popped up on the screen; advertising the Loreal Products. Promise loved this commerical more than anything. She got so excited to see it, she yelled out at the screen

" MOMMY" she yelled out bouncing up and down in the chair, calming down for a second to repeat the last line with her mother "Ahkuz your worf it"

Jay came running into the room, when he heard her scream out 'mommy'

" Guess what Shawn"

" What" he asked looking around for any sign of her mother

" I saw my mommy on tee-bee"

" Who's your mommy"

The Backyardigans came back on, and Promise completly zoned out of their previous conversation, giving the unusual characters her undivided attention. When Jay realized he wasn't going to get his answer, he sat next to her waiting for the commerical to come on again, but it never did
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

-Chapter Six-

Its been a whole week, and Promise is still hanging here with me. I took her shopping for some toys and more clothes. She's been here a week, isn't even my kid, and she is spoiled already. Either she's an angel and god is tryna teach me a lesson, or she has something in her that changes people. I havent been out all week. Nor have I spoken to Aaliyah. I let her have her space.Eventually, I knew that she'd come back around, and then I'd have to explain a lot about Promise.

" Hey Shawn..." Promise said walking into my office downstairs. I looked up from my laptop " You busy?"

" Depends on who's asking"

She giggled and pointed to herself " Me"

" Oh...then no im not busy" I reached down and picked her up, setting her on my desk in front of me " Whats on your mind"

" Im bored, and I need something to do"

I looked at my watch " But its almost time for your bath, shouldn't you be getting ready for bed anyways"

She shook her head " Im not sceepy yet"

" Uh-huh" I said smiling " Well after you take your bath, we'll do one thing and then you gotta go to bed iight"

" Kay. Can we read a book"

" Read? You can read"

She nodded " Very well. My mommy reads wif me all the time. Well she use to"

"She will again one day. How about I just fill in for her tonight okay"

"Kay" I helped her down and she ran down the hall. I ended my chess game and got up and followed her"

---<>---

" Splish-splash, Promise taking a baf. Splish-splash! Splash-Splish ducky, get squeeky clean!" I nodded my head as Promise sung her little song, and splashed around in the Bubbles i poured in her bath water

" Do you sing a baf song Shawn?" she asked

I smiled and shook my head " Nah lil ma, I dont have a song. When im in the shower I rap to myself."

" Can you rap for me while I take my baf"

I smiled " Maybe another time, besides I like your song. Can I use it for my next song?"

She smiled " Only if you pay me"

I laughed " Pay you!" she nodded " well work that out. Come on lets get you out the tub" I helped her out of the tub and wrapped the towel around her. She dried off and put on her Pooh Bear slippers and we walked down to her room where her clothes were laid out for her. While she was getting dressed in her pooh bear pajamas, my cell rung. I stepped to the side and answered it

" Who dis?" I asked

" It's Bleek man, wussup"

" Oh..." I looked over at Promise getting on her shirt " Nothing, wussup. Imma lil busy"

" Oh man Ty told me to call you up and check up on you. You aint been at none of the hot spots all week. Wus good Jay, you iight?"

" Yeah im good man. I just been busy. I havent been feelin going out this week. Im tired of parties"

"Who got you changing all of a sudden?"

" Nobody, but look I gotta go do some stuff"

" Aiight, but before i hang up i been meaning to ask you bout ya girl"

I looked at the phone " Who Aaliyah, what about her"

" Man i aint one to get into other people business, but I been seeing her around Dame alot yo. I went through that niggah phone, and saw a whole buncha texts and calls from her. I told him that he was foul for that, but he just went on and said they was just friends. But I know Dame, he dont have friends. Somethans up"

" Word? Yo imma check that out. Thanks for the ups Bleek"

" No doubt, ill check atchu later iight." I agreeed and he hung up the phone. I hung it up and looked over at Promise who was laying in her bed with the book laying across her lap

" Whats the matter kid"

" Are you sad ahkuz you can't be wif your friends kuz of me"

I shook my head and sat down at the foot of her bed " Nah never. Look im not out with them kuz you need my attention more. They always gone be there, so right now i gotta be here for you until we find your mommy. This aint your fault. they be iight."

" So your not sad"

I shook my head" Nah lil ma, im not sad"

She smiled and handed me the book. I slid up at the top of the bed with her and we read " The Little Engine that Could". For her to be almost four, she was an excellent reader, and that was amazing. She was going to be the next child genious at this rate

---<>---

After Promise fell asleep, I went and took a shower and went downstairs to lock up the house and turn off the lights. By that time it was going on 11:30, and I was dead tired. That little girl is very active and can ware you out. My whole body turned towards the door, when I sware I heard a knock. I shrugged it off, but then it came again. I unlocked the door and opened it, only to find a woman standing there

" Can I help you" she turnedand looked at me

" Are you Shawn Carter?" she asked

I shrugged " Depends on who's asking?"

" Im asking, and im expecting an answer. Are you Shawn Carter, yes or no?"

I nodded " Yeah im him, whatchu need?"

She pulled off her hood " Im looking for my baby, Promise."

I squinted my eyes " Beyonce Knowles? Your her mother?" She looked at me strangley and nodded her head " Umm...come in"
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

-Chapter Seven-

Sitting down with this woman felt really awkward, and for the first time in forever, I was nervous. I mean its not like Ive never seen her before, kuz she was the Beyonce Knowles, the finest woman that has ever graced the earth. She had every talent you could find. But there was one turn off for me, and she was upstairs sleep.

I aint looking down at the fact that she had a baby. Just the fact that she's been away from her a whole week without knowing where she was.

" Umm...can I get you something to drink or are you hungry?"

She looked up from her folded hands and looked me like I lost my mind " No what you can get me is my daughter okay"

" Look you aint gotta get all hostile with me damn"

" Everything would be all good, if you go get my child"

I stood up " Yo how da f*ck am I posed to know if she's really yours anyways"

She jumped up too " First of all, FIRST OF ALL, I am a female and if you wanna speak to me then you WILL be respectful.Second of all, how many people have showed up at your door looking for a 3 year old at almost midnight!" she yelled at me. This chick was fierce, and had the fire in her to prove it.

She did have a point though, but I still needed more " Shit none of that matters to me, you got some pictures or something. Birth cirtificate, shit something!"

" Niggah I aint showing you nothing, I know who my baby is."

I looked at her and I let a long ass breath. " Yo sit down iight"

She raised her eyebrow at me " Excuse me? I hope you wasn't talking to my daughter like that"

" Nah I wasn't, but you aint her"

" Yeah but this is the thing. I created her, and I gave birth to her. And if you respected her, then your sure as hell going to respect me, got it?"

I shook my head " Aiight damn. Can you please just take a seat so we can talk without waking her up"

She rolled her eyes and sat down on the opposite couch from me " So will you please go get her"

" Thought we was gonna talk first"

" What is there to talk about. Neither one of us are you business, so why do you care anything about us. Trust me I know all about you"

I grew offensive " Yo you dont know s.hit about me. For the last week, all Ive done is care for that little girl. Something you obviously havent done!"

" Look dont try and sit up here and judge me. You dont know s.hit about me or where I've been. What kinda person do you take me for. Im not some sick mother who abondens her baby. Im fine, and im here for my child"

" How do I know that your not gonna walk out on her again just like last time. Then she'll end up in worse conditions"

" I didnt walk out of her! I wish you'd stop saying that. Like I said you dont know s.hit about me"

" Then tell me. Tell me where the f*ck you were all week, kuz I know it wasn't here with your daughter"

" IVE BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL FOR FOUR DAYS! THE OTHER TWO IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THE MAN WHO PUT MY CHILD IN YOUR CAR. DOES THAT EXPLAIN ENOUGH FOR YOU MISTER I HAVE TO KNOW IT ALL!!" she yelled at me with tears strolling down her face " I didnt know where she was...I couldnt find my child"

For some reason, when she started crying, I back down off of her case. I stepped back and rubbed the back of my neck, trying to thing of what to say next to her

" Look please dont cry iight. I shouldn't have came at you like that"

She sat back down on the couch and put her head in her hands and cried.On her arms were black bruises that looked like fist marks. Her hands were cut up, and she had a mark on her neck. I didnt know what to do or say. She was right. I didnt know anything about her, but for some reason, I couldn't help but to care. And thats something im not known for.

" Ill be back" I ran upstairs and went into the guest room to where Promise was still sleeping. I sat down on the bed and rubbed her back. I thought she was gonna wake up but instead she did the opposite. She stayed sleeping. I didn't wanna wake her up in the middle of the night. Mainly because I didnt want her to leave. I didn't know where she was going to end up tonight, but I knew where I wanted her to be...and that was here with me.

After awhile I went back downstairs, only to find her asleep on the couch with tear streaks running down her face. I ran my hand down my face, and walked over to the couch

" Guess I have nothing to worry about tonight" I leaned over the couch and picked her up and carried her to the downstairs guestroom. I removed her shoes and jacket and laid her in the middle of the bed, and covered her up her bruised arms. And I thought Aaliyah was alot to deal with...

---<>---

The next morning, I got up took a shower and got dressed. I had to meet with some people about this club that I was about to open. When I went into the kitchen, Beyonce was sitting there starring at a cup of coffee and a muffin

" Sup, you iight?" I asked sitting down a few stools away from her. The cook placed a cup of coffee in front of me.

Beyonce looked over at me and shook her head " I guess, I mean I will be"

" You know if you need something you shouldn't be afraid to ask"

" I do happen to have a question...why are you being so nice all of a sudden"

" Mainly because of Promise" she nodded " So about last night"

" I really dont wanna talk about that. But it is time for me to get Promise and go"

" Go where exactly." she looked at me " Id feel horrible if I didnt know if she was gonna be okay.Had somewhere to stay. Food to eat"

She looked down " Things arnt what they used to be. When I first started out I had everything Promise could ever want and need. But now...we dont have much of everything. I lost it all due to one man and a few bad choices. I havent sung in almost five years. I've been living off of my bank account, but now its all empty. I lost my house and cars kuz the account went empty. I was staying with the same man who made me loose everything. I was stupid enough to bring Promise into that mess, and look where it got us" she said shaking her head

" Here" I said looking around " Your bad decisions got you here in a huge house with 4 four cars and plenty of food to eat. No matter how far you get knocked back, you will always manuver forward more. Look Beyonce, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but you are more than welcome to stay here. Both you and Promise, you know just until you get everything back in order"

She shook her head " I couldn't ask you to do that for us. That could take years"

" Then thats just more time I'll get to see Promise grow up"

She smiled a little at me " Thank you so much. Your a really good person"

" Yeah I guess, but I gotta image to hold"

" Spare me okay"

" Ma bad. Look I gotta get to this meeting, but your more than welcome to go upstairs. Promise should be getting up anyways, The Backyardigans are about to come on. I should be back here around 12. And well go from there, maybe getchu some more clothes and go out to dinner, you know the three of us to discuss this situation"

She nodded and stood up, and hugged me " Thank you...im sorry I dont know what to call you"

I thought about it. If I said Jay then Promise would be confused, but if I said Shawn then that would be like disrespecting me..." Just call me Shawn iight" she nodded and let me go and walked up stairs. I watched her in a trance and shook my head knocking myself out of my thoughts " Call me Shawn? Who the f*ck am I turning into?"
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:22 am

-Chapter Eight-

Beyonce POV

After Shawn left, I went upstairs and started opening doors, to find which one Promise was in. I was about to open the door to another room, but I heard water comming from the bathroom. I turned around just in time to see Promise comming out of the bathroom still half sleep. I smiled as my heart melted. I hated being away from my mini me, but i had no control over leaving her.

She groaned while rubbing her eye trying to see " Shawn?" she said looking around trying to find him. " Shawn..." she called out. When she got no answer she dropped her head and stuck her finger in her mouth. If i knew anything it was my baby, and that baby was about to cry

I walked up and knelt in front of her " I know my angel isn't crying?" i said softly to her. She looked up at me and smiled and damn near attacked me with a hug

" Mommy, I missed you!"

" Aww you did" i asked pulling away from the hug. She nodded " Well mommy missed ou too! And im so sorry for not being here this week"

" I was scared at first...but then I met Shawn and he took care of me this week"

I smiled  " Im so glad that he did, because I wanna talk to you about that"

" Lets go to my room" she said pulling me to her "room". I sat down on the bed and sat her on my lap. I held her stomach and back and she rested against my chest

" Look, you remember Kendhal right"

she looked past me and nodded her head slowly " Mommy i dont wanna go bak der. I wanna stay here wif Shawn"

I lightly grabbed her face " Promise...we are never going back there. I shouldn't have bought you into that mess in the first place, and im not gonna drag you back into it."

" So where are we gonna stay?"

" Well...Shawn agreed to let us stay here until I can get everything back on track. Im gonna start working again and everything will go back to how they were before Kendhal came and messed it all up. I promise babygirl everything is going to work out. And you know I dont make promises I can't keep.Like you" i said touching her nose

" Yep, im your biggest Promise and you are still keeping it"

I kissed her forehead and hugged her

---<>---

After Shawn's meeting, he took Promise and I to the greatest spots to shop so I could have some clothes and accessories too. I had lost everything to Kendhal, and Shawn was allowing me to gain it all back.Once I got everything on track, I was gonna pay him back for everything he has done for me and Promise.

That night, we went to this nice quiet resturant, near the shopping stores we went to. It was one of thoes classy up-scale resturant that I used to go to when I had the money to spend.I guess it was way back when the man pulled the chair out, kuz that sure as hell didnt happen. He just sat Promise in her chair and sat on down

While I was looking over the drink menu i heard Promise talking " Can I have a lemma-ade?"she asked Shawn

" What kinda lemma-ade. They got strawberry, raspberry, pink, and regular" he said mocking the way she said lemonade. I smiled and covered it up with the menu

" Umm i want scrawberry"

I looked up and raised my eyebow at Promise " Why dont you try that sentence again"

She looked at my eyebrow and folded her hands together " I mean, can I have strawberry please"

Shawn nodded in amazement. Ha! watch and learn buddy. It's the power of the eyebrow " How do you do that?"

" It's a gift" i said shrugging

" Oh...so when do you wanna start recording again?"

I shrugged " I havent been inspired to write anything yet. The last song I wrote was for Destiny's Child. Right before i quit singing. I think i should do a solo album now. Like the Return of Beyonce Knowles"

" Catchy...but you know if you ever get inspired theres a studio in the basement of the house. Feel free to use it"

" You sure you wouldn't mind me in your studio?" I asked

He laughed a little and took a sip of his drink " Id be honored to have you in my studio Beyonce"

" Thanks..."

He looked up " You know you dont really have to keep saying that. I get it that your thankful..." he started laughing " You dont have to say it every 5 minutes"

" Im sorry...its just different to know what a break feels like. Not like anyone has ever given me one. So for the last time here, thank you."

I smiled and he laughed " Your welcome for the last time here!"

The waitress came and set the pre-ordered food in front of us and Promise quickly said her grace, and dove right into her spaghetti.  I laughed and handed Shawn a napkin to tuck in up under her chin

" I dont see the purpose of this napkin, shes just gonna get it dirty too, then get the shirt messy too' he started laughing " I hate to admit it, but you have a very messy eater Ms.Knolwes"

Promise laughed and wiped the sauce off of her mouth " Mommy I hate to break it to you but Shawns a bad cook.!"

Shawn and I laughed and he reached over and pushed me lightly, and then poked Primise in the side, making her lean to the side laughing. Litte did I know that we werent the only one's watching. Apparently someone with a  were nt the only nes that were enjoying this moment. Other unknown sources were enjoying every single minute of it. Little did I know, I would be seeing alot of myself lately.Where ever Shawn's name was, you were going to see mine, and  Promise's picture
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:22 am
-Chapter Nine-

By the next morning, all you saw was this giant picture of Beyonce and I, at the resturant laughing, on the front cover of every newspaper, magazine, and entertainment show. The headline read " Beyonce's Back. And Jay's In Love!" Ha, Jay doesn't fall in love, and so far people have been seeing the softer side of me. I think its time that I bring back the man I used to be

I knocked on Beyonce's door before after I got dressed " It's open" she said. I opened the door and stepped in

" You needed something?" she asked. My eyes darted to the side, to where she was standing in the connected bathroom, body dripping wet, wrapped in a giant towel. Her long hair was wet and was hanging dwn on her back, she looked...well anyways

" Yo I can come back later if you want"

She shook her head " Your here now, and I might not see you later so you might as well say it now"

" You sure? I mean you all..." i used my hands to try to finish my sentence

" Naked?"

" Yeah that"

She laughed and went back to plugging up her flat iron " I just got out of the shower, and besides I gotta towel on." she walked out into the bedroom and sat down at the top of the bed and pointed to the seat next to her " Take a seat, and tell me whats on your mind"

I slowly sat down on the bed about a foot away from her " You smell nice" i said

She raised her eyebrow " Yeah..its called soap. You use it?" she asked.

" Yeah" i said laughing " I use it. What ki-" she cut me off

" Your stalling." she said reaching over to the dressed and grabbing her lotion " Lemme guess, this is about the daily headline right?"

" Yeah..."

She nodded " I saw them. Dont worry though. They are just rumors; either they make you or break you. ."

" Wont this affect Promise"

She shook her head " Nah, im not worried about that. Promise knows who she is and me being in the spotlight doesn't affect her. And it wont when I get back in it. We've talked about things like this before. She doesn't talk about anything that has to do with me. To her, im not the singer Beyonce Knowles...with her, im just mommy"

" Oh...thats good"

" Yeah. So what about the part of you."

I shrugged " That part is easy.Everyone knows Jay dont fall in love"

She shrugged and stood up " Nice theory" when she turned to walk back into the bathroom, the towel caught in the dressor, almost letting it fall off. I saw the top of her chest before she grabbed it back up, before I could see the real deal.

" So I see you got your clothes all laid out, going somewhere?" I gave her the keys to my black benz so getting around wouldnt be a problem.

" Uh-huh, see I got a call this morning from Columbia records. They saw the headline and they want to get at me before any other record label does. They are willing to work around my schedual and if everything goes right, ill be back in the studio and getting a start of putting my life back together"

" Wow that was fast.I guess it is making you"

" Yeah, so I have to go and get Promise up so we can go"

I stood up " You know you dont have to drag her down there with you. Ill watch her for awhile; you know I have no problem with that"

" Are you sure. I mean im sure she'd love to spend the day with you until I get back"

" Yeah ma, im sure"

She opened the door for my exit " I appreciate it...oh and dont call me ma" and with that she pushed me out of the room. I shook my head and went back down the hall to my room

---<>---

" Shawn you hafta go higher. Live the part." Promise said shoving the barbie doll, to my chest " Be the barbie"

I closed my eyes and dropped my head, forcing out a high pitched voice " Lets go to the mall today Chrissy"

" No we can't Barbie. We hafta study and get good grades"

" But the mall is so much better than books. It wont hurt, just this one time"

" oTay, but not too late Chrissy. Do you think there will be boys at the mall?"

" No I hope not. Boys are nasty little creatures who only want one thing. they are dirty, stinky, and nasty. So stay away from them. You dont have a boyfriend do you Barbie?"

Promise giggled " Nooo, i dont have a boyfriend. I dont like boys. But I love one though"

My eyes bugged, but for her sake i had to remain in character " Love? What nasty, dirty, boy do you love"

" Shawn. But he's not nasty or dirty. He's clean and funny"

I smiled " Shawn loves you too Promise" I looked up behind me when I heard the doorbell ring. I got up off the floor and pointed to Promise " Stay here" i said handing her the doll. she leaned up against the couch and waited. I went and opened the door to find Aaliyah standing there

"Whatchu doing here?" i asked leaning against the door frame. She removed her Dolce& Gabbana sunglasses, revealing her swollen eyes " The hell wrong witchu? Look like you aint been sleepin"

She shrugged " I havent slept all night Jay"

" Why, whats wrong babygirl." i said placing my hands on her waist, pulling her to me. She grabbed my hands on her waist and pushed them off, backing away from me " What?"

" I cant do this with you anymore Jay. I had sometime to think things over and you and I arent gonna work anymore. Its over"

" Over...what you and Dame doing yall thang now?"

She cut her eyes at me " Damon and I are none of your business. We are only friends, but at least I know what it feels like to be cared about."

" Cared about? That niggah dont care about you Aaliyah! He just want what you was giving me" she reached up and slapped me. I grabbed her hand and pushed her back into the wall " Dont get s.hit twisted, i will put a hurtin on you b.itch. Touch me again"

She used all of her might and pushed me back up off of her " At least he's a real man, and doesnt treat me the way you do. Im sick of being your rag doll. Having you call me out of my name. Giving me orders like I work for you. The only time you were sincere was when I was laying up under you. I hate you Shawn, i really do"

" Oh you hate me?"

She shrugged and looked off to the side " Well maybe hate is such a strong word, but i can't stand you. This is why im leaving" she reached in her pocket and handed me her key " I hope you and that out of date singer have fun."

" Beyonce and I have nothing going on, but if you wanna leave out on some rumor then be my guest"

She shook her head " Its more than a rumor Shawn. Yes I said Shawn, im no longer yours so who gives a f*ck what you gotta say about it. this was just the final straw. For the past two years i have been nothing but faithful to you, and you treated me like shit. I did all i could to make you happy, and not once did I ever deceive you. Everytime you cheated, got drunk, got them nasty hoes pregnant but they had abortions because they didnt wanna upset you in any way, so went on with it without your permission, everytime you did wrong I was still there for you Shawn. I was your ride or die. Your babygirl. I should have been your wife, but you were too blind and too stupid to see that. But Damon isn't. He's willing to try for me. He actually listens when I speak and he's there when I need him to be. You dont know how to be that man.Hopefully this new one wont be as stupid and see's the dumb b.itch you really are."

And with that she walked away from me. I shook my head and stuffed the key into my pocket, before going back in the house. I didnt give a f*ck about that trick, s.hit im glad she's gone. She was gettin on my nerves anyways.If she was letting me go, then that means i had to come back twice as hard. I think imma go out tonight for old times sake. Find me a nice piece to hook up with tonight.
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:23 am
-Chapter Ten-

Within the next couple of hours Beyonce came back and was in a very, good mood. By then Promise and I had ended barbies and had stuck to something I was good at. Video games. When she came through the door, she was all smiley and shit, and I couldn't help to wonder why

" Sup ma" i said turning back to the game

She took in a deep breath " For the last time, dont call me ma"

" Ma bad, so how was yo lil meetin"

" It went very well, Columbia has a very nice deal on the table for me, but I dont know kuz when I got there Atantic Records was there, and even Rocafella was there waiting on me with nice deals too"

I jumped and turned around " Rocafella was where?"

" At Coulmbia waiting on me. I thought they woulda called you but I guess not. Well anyways, I have to meet with them seperatly next week and by the end of the month, I should make my decision. To help ease the deal, each one has set me up with an artist to take me out and explain what id be getting into"

" You mean like a buiness date"

She shrugged " Yeah basically"

" Well uh...i guess thats coo. I mean if you like to be bribed into s.hit"

" Could you not curse in front of my daughter?. And what do you mean bribed into stuff"

" Ma bad ma. But im just saying that they only doin that to bribe you into signing with them. S.hit is all a game, and I dont buy into all of that"

" Really...hmm. Interesting for you to say that kuz they picked you to take me out"

My neck jerked back at her again " Say what?"

" They told me before they left that they were gonna let you take the job seeing how you know the most about Rocafella more than anyone there. But since you dont buy into it, ill just get them to change it" she grabbed Promises hand " Come on lets go upstairs baby"

" oTay, see you later Shawn" she said getting up

" bye Promise" i said waving. Once they were gone, I dropped the controller and looked down at my phone. I couldn't beleive it man...I was starting to miss Aaliyah. Maybe I should go out in have some fun forreal, but im startin to think it aint even worth it anymore.

---<>---

I rolled over out my bed and looked at the clock. It was like 2 in the morning and raining hard as f*ck outside. I tossed the covers off and walked out of my room. I opened the door to Promises room, and she was curled into a ball with her arm hanging off of the bed and stuffed animals surrounding her. I smiled and shut the door. I went downstairs and saw Beyonce sitting in the kitchen with a bowl sitting in front of her with the t.v. on

" Yo, whatchu doing up?" I said leaning against the door frame.

She grabbed her chest and turned around " Dont do that!"

" Ma bad, did I scare you ma" I said laughing as I walked over to the island and sat next to her.

She rolled her eyes and went back to her show " Didnt I tell you not to call me that"

" Yeah i think you said it a couple of times, but i think the name fits you well"

" Do I even wanna know the reason for that?"

I shrugged " S.hit it depends on if you wanna know. But it really aint nun bad though. I only call a chick Ma, if she's fine and thick in all the right places. And ma you got both on you"

She smiled and went back to her show " Thanks i guess. So whatchu doin up this late"

" Couldn't sleep"

" Are you depressed or something, kuz you been a lil down this evening"

" Jay dont get depressed ma! I just got alot on my mind"

She tilted her head to the side " This is about Aaliyah isn't it"

"Watchu know bout dat, aint nobody stressin ova that gurl!"

"Mmm. Then why are you getting so defensive about her. You dont have to hide anything from me. I used to be a celebrity, trust me word gets around fast that she broke up with you. Honestly I dont blame her"

" Yo how you gone diss me in my own spot"

" Can you really blame her for leaving you. I mean you treated her like dirt. Everyone in the world knew that. You cheated, got girls pregnant, and came home drunk. I woulda left you too! You need to learn how to treat a woman"

" S.hit and what you gone teach me?"

She nodded and lifted her spoon to her mouth with ice cream on it " Yep" i looked over and grabbed the spoon, but she snatched it back with force

" Rule number one, never try to touch her food!"
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

-Chapter Eleven-

Beyonce had a industry date tonight, so that ment that I was going out. She was taking Promise along with her to make sure that they understood her situation and what not.

" Promise lets go baby!" she yelled from downstairs. Promise looked up from the floor and crossed her arms

" I dont wanna go Shawn.Stay here"

I smiled " I can't lil mama, I gotta go out and have fun too. Im sure you will"

She shook her head " Dont count on it" she started to get down off of my bed, but I stopped her

" Are you made at me" I asked picking her up

She nodded and laid her head on my shoulder. When I looked down she had tears rolling down her face. I didnt really know how to react to someone when they cry. I always leave when Aaliyah used to cry. But I couldn't just up and leave right now. Not when she needed me. Seeing her cry ripped my heart apart

" C'mon now dont cry babygil. Ima be here when you get back. I promise"

" You promise?" she asked wiping her face

" Yes, but you gotta promise me something first" I said sitting her on the bed " Can you do that"

" What is it"

" You gotta promise me that you wont cry anymore okay. I cant handel seeing such a pretty lil girl crying"

She wiped her eyes " oTay. No more crying"

" Smile" i said touching her chin. She beamed a hundred watts, and I smiled back " Aiight, now go on downstairs before you mommy gets mad"

" oTay, see you later" she got down off the bed and walked out of my room to join Beyonce downstairs.I finished getting dressed and got in my car and headed to The Blackout. One of the hottest clubs in Brooklyn.

Bleek and Ty was already at the club when I get there. They was in the back chillin with alot...and i mean alot of h.oes. It was like the Big Pimpin Video all over again. I licked my lips as I walked in

"J-Hova, what you doing here man?" Bleek asked pushing this girl from his lap, to dap me up. I dapped up Ty, and then took a seat across from him

"S.hit man, I had to get out the house tonight."

Ty  laughed " Heard you was in love. What the lil lady put you out"

"Hell nah you know Jay dont fall in love, And she aint ma lady. She just a friend"

Bleek laughed and handed me a shot glass, filling it to the rim with Hennesy. I took it to the head and when I looked up there was a thick ass chick standing in front of me. She was about 5'4 with thick hips, green eyes, and an ass out of this world. She was dressed to kill and her hair was hanging down off her back

" Wussup ma!" I said reaching for her hand

She smiled " Funny? I dont remember giving birth to you" she said, in relevance of me calling her ma

" Thats cute ma. But forreal tho, lemme holla at chu"

She smiled and sat down in my lap and wrapped her arm around my neck lightly " Oh there will be plently of hollering" she smirked and leaned closer to me. I raised my eyebrow in shock. Yup, she was definatly a thirsty one. She was looking for a prize in me.And I had it for her.She whispered in my ear and then got up and went to the V.I.P room upstairs

" Jay you gone do something with that?" Bleek asked

Ty sucked his teeth " C'mon Bleek, this is J-Hova we talking about. It's apart of him to do something with that...nice piece of ass right there"

" Why dont you take one " I said challenging him.

He shook his head " Funny Jay. You know Its not like that anymore"

Bleek and I laughed " Yeah, that girl he with got that on lock"

" She threw away that damn key." Bleek said

" Took away his man card" I laughed

" And his balls" Bleek finished. We dapped each other up, laughing.We downed another drink, before I got up to go find her. Bleek grabbed me back " Be safe out there young soldier. Protect your army men"

I laughed and checked my pocket for the army hat, if you know what I mean. " Fa'sho"

---<>---

When I came out of the V.I.P room, I looked back at Diamond clinging onto my arm, with sweat beads on her forehead. I wore that ass out, ya digg. I had that hoe screaming every vowel in the book.

" Im thirsty Jay" she whined in my ear.

I scrunched my face up and pushed her back " So go buy you something" I said pointing to the bar

" Buy me a drink"

I laughed " B.itch please, I aint no money train. You better find your own" I ordered a beer and went and sat down. She sat down next to me and eyed my drink " The f*ck you looking at"

" You gone give me some or not"

" NOT! Get the f*ck away from me" I yelled at her.

She folded her arms and rolled her eyes " So I was just a quick f*ck to you"

" Nah you was more than that" she started grinning " You was a great brain teaser" I said winking

She stood up and got in my face and cussing at me in Spanish. The look on my face had to be crazy kuz I was scared for once. I didnt know what to do next. Her eyes started rolling back in her head and she started shaking while she was still talking. I got my ass up and ran from that crazy b.itch.

When I got back to where Bleek and Ty was sitting. They was laughing

" Yo Jay, you have fun!" Ty asked

I threw a pastic bottle at them " Yall set me up!" they broke out laughing again " Thats b.itched up!"

" Yo Jay, you was askin for it" Bleek said.

I shook my head " Bastards. Im out. Yall have fun"

" Awh Jay, dont go" they yelled as I walked off. Without turning around I flicked them off and kept going
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

-Chapter Twelve-

By the time I got home there was no sign of Beyonce or Promise. which meant I didn't break my promise. I went upstairs and took a shower, and came back downstairs to just relax. I couldn't beleive them niggahs pulled that shit on me. The front door opened and Beyonce came in with Promise walking slowly behind her

" Sup" i said nodding at them. Beyonce waved but Promise didn't look too happy. " Whats whats witchu?"

" Promise" Beyonce said.

She raised her head and looked down a little " Hi"

"Come here lil mama" i said patting the spot next to me. She walked over and sat down " So you musta got in trouble tonight huh?"

She nodded

" Promise, why dont you go upstairs and take another bath. Then I want you in that bed"

She tightened her mouth " Yes ma'am" she reached over and hugged me "night night"

Beyonce waited until she was gone, before she shot me some glare " What?"

" You know one day she's gonna figure out that your not the best thing since cartoons."

I laughed and rubbed the back of my neck " Hey what can I say, I was born the greatest. Cant blame the kid for idolizing me. S.hit if I was her, id love me too"

" You know...cockiness isn't all that attractive. Especially on you"

" You saying im not attractive"

She rolled her eyes " Listen to what I was saying. I said cockiness wasnt attractive."

" Then you said especially on you. Sounds like you were tryna say I wasnt attractive. So lemme ask you again. You sayin im not attractive?"

" This isnt about what I think. Its about the facts"

I sat up on the couch " Whatchu saying. Facts say that that im not attractive?"

" Basically..."

I stood up and walked across the room and sat down on the other couch next to her. Close enough to smell her every scent

She looked at me like I lost my mind " You do realize that you are in my personal area right. I know its your place and all but dang, back up"

" Quit actin like you dont like it"

" I dont, this isnt a game"

" Uh-huh, so tell me what happened at your dinner that got Promise all sad"

She shook her head " To make a long story short, she completly embarressed me. She was just flat out rude. Basically telling Usher, that he was nothing compared to you. She said he could never rap like you can, even though he's a singer. I mean she compared everything to you. And that me signing with them was a waste of my time. And that I belonged to Roca Fella"

I tried to holding my composure, but damn! I cracked and fell out laughing " Word?" i said laughing harder

" It's really not funny Shawn"

" That girl is a trip. Thats my lil homie right there"

She hit me in the arm " Stop laughing. Her idolizing you is getting out of hand. She praises the ground you walk on, which i still dont see why" she said smiling at the end

" You want me dont you?"

She turned my way and leaned closer to my face, eyeing my lips. I sat up a little, but she stopped an inch before she touched my lips with hers " Nope!" and with that she got up and walked upstairs.

" You so dirty!" i yelled after her. I heard her laughing before it faded. I ran my hand down my face in defeat. I kinda did wanna kiss her though. Did she hafta toy with my emotions

---<>---

Later on that night, I went down the hall and checked on Promise before making my way down to Beyonce's room. I knocked on the door like a mad man. She came to the door with this innocent look on her face

" Uhh...hey Shawn"

I shook my head " Nah, aint no hey. Im mad at you!"

" For what?"

" For playing with my emotions. You know how awkward that was for me"she started laughing and let me come in. I sat down on the bed " Help me find the humor in this situation"

She threw her hands up " Dont blame me for your emotions getting outta control" she said walking in the bathroom, to change her clothes. " Tell me something" she said opening the door., walking out in some cheer shorts and a tank top " You wanted that kiss huh?" she asked sitting next to me

I looked up at her and smirked " Maybe. Maybe not"

" Thats your problem now. Cant ever keep a girl kuz you dont know how to be upfront. Be real, and tell the truth. It might get you somewhere other than inbetween the sheets and on the front cover of some sloppy magazine"

" So if I tell the truth, you and I could get somewhere?"

" You never know...so tell me the truth"

I shrugged " Aiight, so I kinda did wanna kiss you. But s.hit can you blame me, have you seen yourself in the mirror." i said looking her over. She smiled and nodded in understandment

" I see what you mean" she said laughing. I looked her and shook my head.

" And im cocky?"

She laughed " I can see why Promise likes you so much. You are just like her father."

" I didnt know all of that. She never mentioned him to me. Just you"

" Yeah, that happens. She doesn't like to talk too much about him. But Branden was her idol, until you. But when he stopped comming around, she clung to me. And I became her idol...until you. But one day he showed up and said that he was gonna do back right by her. He spent the entire day with her, and promised he was comming back to see her the next day. But he didn't...and she waited for hours by the door, waiting on him. But he never came back. Promise was a day shy of turning two years old, when she found out that her father was dead" her voice trailed off, as she looked over at me. Thoes pretty ass eyes of hers were glossy " Your the only one she has really trusted since then. Branden broke his promise, and thats all it took for her to forget him. One broken promise."

" I wouldn't break a promise to her. She doesnt deserve that"

She smiled a little " So you understand why I named her that. When she was born i looked into her eyes and i promised her that I was going to give the world. And that no matter what I was going love her. I told her that she came first in my heart. I promised her that no one could love her like her mother. I swear she smiled at me when I made thoes promises. Thats when I knew that I should name her Promise."

" You know that your a great mother, and I dont think that Promise could ask for a better one."

she nodded " Yeah, but im no longer her idol...you are" she looked at me again and leaned in and kissed me on the lips. She let them linger there for a second and kissed me again. Softly pecking my lips with hers. She pulled away but I pulled her back in, softly grabbing her waist. I kissed her one last time and pulled away from the kiss

" Umm...maybe I should go...um yeah" she nodded and stood up and walked me to the door

" Um ill see you later"

" Yeah" i said walking out of the room all confused. She closed the door and I leaned up against the wall still confused. Man, what is she doing to me
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

-Chapter Thirteen-

After spending the next three days in confusion, the record label called me and told me that it was my turn to take Beyonce out, to try and convince her to sign to Roca Fella. Apart of me really want to, but the other half was still silently confused.

This wasnt me. I dont know who the hell I turned into. Or what the hell she did to me. Kuz she had me trippin forreal. I cant think straight anymore, and everytime I close my eyes I can still feel them soft ass lips of hers on mine. That f*ckin kiss is all I can think about now!

When I was sitting in the entertainment room with Promise sitting next to me, I noticed she kept grinning at me

" Whats with the lil grin you keep givin me"

She giggled and climbed on my leg " You gotta take my mommy out tonight"

" Its a business date lil mama"

She gave me that ' yeah right' look " Yeah thats what they all say."

" Im serious. This is just to get her to decide where to sign. And if Roca Fella is the best then thats for to the choose."

" She's gone pick Roca Fella."

" How would you know"

She smiled " Ahkuz she told me"

" She did"

" Yep!. So where are you gonna take us tonight"

" I dont know yet. Where do you think we should go."

" Suprise us"

Beyonce came walking into the room, with a few bags in her hands " Hey Promise, how about we go and pick up your toys that have been sitting there all day"

Promise looked back at me " uh-oh, gotta go Shawn"

" Aiight lil mama, see you later" i said letting her down. She ran past Beyonce, leaving her there with me. I looked at her, and that feeling came rushing back to me. That damn kiss again!

" Hey you okay?" she asked

I shurgged it off " Yeah...i..i..im good"  She even had me damn studdering

" Are you sure because it seems like you been a little out of it, since...well you know"

" Yeah...um im okay. So whats in the bag"

She looked down at it " Oh, your record label sent me something to wear to dinner tonight. They even got Promise something too. How sweet."

" Oh yeah, they told me that they were gonna send something to you, i didnt know it would be clothes"

" Yeah...well um. I guess we'll see you tonight?" she asked. i looked up and nodded. " Alright, i gotta go help Promise" and with that she walked out of the room. I ran my hand over my face and closed my eyes

" What the f*ck is she doing to me!" i half yelled.

She stuck her head back in the room " Teaching you the lesson about falling in love"

" Jay doesnt fall in love"

She shook her head and walked out of the room.

---<>---

That night at dinner, I tried so hard to focus on the facts that I was giving her, but that damn dress she had on was making it very hard for me. She snapped her fingers in my face for the third time tonight

" Shawn..." she called out. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up " Are you okay?"

" Uhh...y..yeah im iight. What was I saying"

" You were telling me about record sales"

" Oh yeah, so like I was saying..."

She put up her hand to stop me " Shawn...please. Your boring me with this whole business talk. You putting my baby to sleep over there" she said pointing to Promise who was leaning on her arm to stay up " Stop talking"

" But---were supposed to be dicussin you signing to Roca-Fella"

She shook her head " Trust me, there is no need to continue. I made my decision two days ago.I had some pretty nice deals on the table. Promise and I sat down and we decided on Columbia"

My face dropped " Columbia? Why them, you'd be bettah off at Roc. Wasnt chu listenin to a word I was sayin. There is no competition. Columbia aint got sh..stuff on Roc!"

She started laughing " I was just kidding, calm down. Congradulations, meet your new artist" she said holding out her hand. I smiled and shook it

" You couldn't have made a better choice. All of our artist are treated right over at Roc. Ill make sure of that"

" Thats good to know"

" Yeah, ill get the contract and all of that to you by Monday...but in the mean time, I was kinda hopin that we could go out again...minus the business part."

She raised her eyebrow " You mean like a date?"

" Sorta kinda"

" I dunno..." she said shrugging " I dont know if your worthy of taking me out. I mean especially with your history"

"Theres more to sex inside of me ya know"

" Well if you could show me that side, then ill consider it. But I think you gone have alot of work to do. Kuz im not one of them air head chicks you used to."

I licked my lips " Think ill take that challenge" She smiled and went back to her food
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:24 am
-Chapter Fourteen-

Aiight, see I thought this lil rinky dink a.ss task she gave me was gone be easy. But s.hit, I was more than wrong. I had done so much, i didnt think I could do any more for her. This morning, I had a big ass breakfast sent up to her room with the entertainment section of the newspaper. Then I took her to get her nails, feet, and hair done. And finally I had some of the streets of New York, shut down so she could shop. And she hasnt said not one word about me taking her out

This s.hit aint easy. With all of this work, im close to just saying f*ck it. Kuz i cant do no more. She was right when she said she wasnt easy to please. And she sure as hell aint no air head chick im used to. She was different alright.

" So what do you think about this one" she asked holding up another shirt

I looked up " Its nice, you should get it" It was simple i know. But hell, that was my answer for everything.

" Thanks for the help" she said rolling her eyes

I threw my hands up in defeat " Yo whatchu expect ma, ima man"

" I expected some help. That woulda been nice"

" Im paying, aint that help enough?"

She shook her head " You know I could be spending this time with someone else. Some one who doesnt have to prove themselves to me." she said walking away. I sighed

" Yo where you going"

" To the lingerie section" she said walking faster. I sat up in the chair quickly. I heard her laugh " Yeah I bet that got your attention"

" After everything today you gone do me like that!" i yelled after her. She threw up the dueces and kept going. The sales people looked back and forth at us and kept going about theirs. I got up and met her at the register, where everything had been rung up " Yo how much is all this s.hit" i asked the lady

" You really need to work on talking without cursing" she said shaking her head

I playfully put my hand over her mouth " Hush, now like i asked before. How much?"

"Your total comes tooo....$339.82" she said showing me the total " Will that be cash or credit"

I looked over at Beyonce and removed my hand " Neither. You can put it all back. She dont really want all of that" i said walking away from the desk smirking. She sucked her teeth and leaned up against the counter with her arms crossed.

" And you really dont want to go out then huh?" she said looking away. I stopped in my tracks and threw my hands up before turning around " I knew you would see it my way"

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out four hundres " Keep the change" i said taking her bags off of the counter. We walked out. I looked over at her " You spoiled you know that"

" No im not, just well taken care of"

I put her bags in the limo and let her get in before sliding in next " Aiight, so what else is there. You hungry ma?" i asked her. She nodded with a smile. I grabbed her chin lightly " You so damn lucky, you so f*ckin sexy ma. I aint neva worked this damn hard for no chicks attention" i said leaning into them soft ass lips she got. I kissed her lightly and slowly sucked on her bottom lip. I gently bit it and pulled away as we came to a stop

"The Silver Dragon Mr.Carter" the driver said pulling up in front of this Chinese resturant

---<>---

" Is it that good, i mean you havent said two words to me since we sat down"

I looked up from my food and laughed " Haha, nah ma im just kinda hungry"

" Well if you wouldnt have sent the entire refridgerator up to me this morning for breakfast, you prolly wouldnt be so hungry" she said laughing. I laughed and leaned back a little in the chair

" I wanted to impress you..." i said shrugging

She took a sip of her drink " Look, I'm known to walk alone. But I'm alone for a reason
Sending me things aint appeasing. Believe me. You gottah come harder this wont be easy. Now don't doubt yourself  kuz trust me you need me."

" Is that your way of tryna say that I need upgradin a lil"

She laughed " Ha! More like a lot of upgrading"

" Okay, but you know what I think" she shrugged " I think by me taking you out will upgrade me to the max."

" Your really serious about this arnt you. You really want to take me out on a date. Like a real date"

" Y-"  i was cut off by one of old heads walking up to the table, with basically everything hanging out " Jasmine?" i asked " Whatchu doing here"

" I was just here with a few friends and I decided to come on over and save you from this----uh, poor company you keepin" she said nodding over to Beyonce. She sat up in her chair

" Excuse me" she said raising her eyebrow, ready for a fight

" Look, we were having a little get to gether over at The Pretty Kitty, you wanna come along a lil later. Ya know, have a lil fun" she said leaning over into my ear. That s.hit just turns me on, when a fine ass  talks softly in my ear. She ran her hands down my chest and let her hand fall into my lap, letting it run over my crotch area

" Yo imma definatly look into that iight" i said licking my lips

" Okay...you do that" she said winking at me before walking away. I watched her walk away before turning my attention back to Beyonce

" So what was I saying?"

She laughed and started gathering her stuff " You have got to be kidding me!"

" What?"

" What the f*ck do you mean what!? Im outta here, you can take your h.oe a.ss to that lil get together" she stormed out of the resturant leaving me there alone. I ran out after her only to see her getting in the limo and  watching it leave me there stranded. What i do?
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:24 am
-Chapter Fifteen-

Two weeks later I was scribbling my name on the contract of Columbia Records.They gave me my own office space. Even as a new artist, I got one. That usually doesnt happen, but because I demanded that I be in charge of my image, and i wanted to be in with all of the promotion and all of that. So I got my own space to work in.

Yeah, everyone thought I was signing with RocAFella. Yeah right, not after that little scene Shawn. I wouldnt even dare signing to that  lable. So Columbia was the best choice for me. Promise didnt like it, but i had to do it for me. Of course...Shawn was quite upset, but owell. Sucks for him

" Can I hear this one" Promise said jumping up on the couch down in the studio. I turned around in my chair and took the track out of her hand " Please"

" Uh...this one isnt quite finished yet. But you can hear this one that Ive been working on for a couple of weeks"

" Whats the name of it?"

I smiled a little " Its called The Closer I Get To You. I got the sample from Luther Vandross, and he's going to be on the song. Wanna hear?"

She smiled and got down off the couch and came and sat on my lap " Yes"

" Okay..." I started the song, and held her to me as it began. She closed her eyes and leaned on my chest as the song played. When it was over she was still silent " What do you think?"

" I like it. Kinda catchy. The Closer I get to you, the more you make me see.." She said singing the end. She had a very soft voice, but I didnt want her to become a singer. But if that's what she wanted then who was I to stop her. I could only support her

" I appreciate the wonderful feedback" i said kissing her head.I started to rub her hair back

" Hey mommy?"

" Hey Promise?"

" Was that song about Shawn?" i shook my head and looked down at her. She had her eyes closed. " It was huh?"

" Why dont you go and take a nap"

She opened her eyes " But im not sleepy yet" she said yawning " So was it"

" Come on sweetheart, lets go upstairs so you can sleep"

I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder " oTay" she said yawning again. I rubbed her back and  carried her upstairs, passing Shawn in the living room. He looked at me, and I rolled my eyes and kept going. I hope he didnt expect me to actually talk to him after that shit. Completley disrespectful, so I sure as hell left him stranded there.

" Sup" he said still looking at me.

I stiffled a laugh and kept going. Yeah right! Like it was going to be that easy

I went into Promise's room and laid her down in the middle of her bed. She opened her eyes and started to whine " I want to lay with you"

" How about I lay here with you until you fall asleep"

" oTay" i laid down next to her and she curled into my side and slowly fell asleep up under me. I got up and covered her up and  walked out of her room, only to find Shawn leaning up against the wall

I sighed and folded my arms " She's sleep, so you'll have to talk to her later"

" I aint come up here to talk to Promise. I came to talk to Beyonce"

" Well Beyonce is un-interested, so why dont you leave a message after the beep and ill delete it later...BEEP!!" i said as I started to walk away

He grabbed my arm " Look Beyonce I know your upset---nah I take that back, I know your pissed off. Just let me make it up to you. Im really sorry, that should have never happened. Im so sorry"

I looked down at his arm " Message One, from Shawn The Jackass, at 1:32 pm. Message Deleted!" i said snacthing away from him, and going into my room

---<>---

*Shawn POV*

" So are you ready to go to sleep now" I asked Promise after she took her bath and was ready to get in the bed. She looked around and shook her head " I checked for all the monsters"

She raised her eyebrow " Are you sure?"

" Yeah, you can put ya lil eyebrow down. You just like ya mama"

She smiled " Yes!" she said jumping up into her bed. I pulled the covers up to her chest." Hey Shawn" she said propping up on her elbow

" Yeah lil mama?"

" I know my mommy told you about my daddy..." i nodded " Do you think he loved me?"

For some reason that question hit me kinda hard. I remember asking my mom the exact same question when I was little too. It was all to fimilar. I sat down next to her " Im sure he loved you will all of his heart Promise"

" Then why did he leave me"

" God wanted him closer to him so that he could help him. And the only way he could do that was by taking him off the earth. That doesnt mean he didnt love you"

" Do you think he remembers me"

" I think he's always watching you from heaven"

She sat up in the bed " Do you think he would be mad if I...i asked god for another daddy?"

I shook my head " Nah lil mama, i think he'd be happy for you to have a daddy. Every little girl needs one"

" You think you could be my new daddy"

I shrugged " We'll see okay. Even if I dont become your daddy, ill always be here for you okay. But Im trying to take your mom out, but she's kinda mad at me for---"

" For letting that girl touch on you and disrespect her while you did nothing." i looked at her strangely " Yeah we do talk you know!"

" It shouldnt have happened in the first place. I just want her to see that im sorry. Ive been apologizing for two weeks straight. She just aint hearing me"

" Well...try telling her now" she said pointing to the door. I turned around and saw Beyonce standing there

" Can we talk for a second?"

" Um yeah..." she nodded and went down the hall to her room leaving the door open. " Okay lil mama, get some sleep okay"

" Okay..." i turned on her night light and stood up " Hey Shawn?"

" Yeah mama?"

" Please dont mess up this chance. Im only three you know. I can only do so much to make this relationship work" she said crossing her arms

I laughed and kissed her cheek " Night Promise"

She giggled " Night night"

---<>---

" You wanted to talk?" i asked appearing at her door. She looked up and pointed to the chair next to her bed.

" Close the door and sit down"

I closed the door and sat down across from her " Whats wrong with you" she shook her head and looked at me

" I heard what you told Promise...about Branden. And about you always being here...Did you mean all of that"

"Every single word. I wouldn't let her down, kuz believe it or not, ive been in her shoes. I sat up plently of nights wondering if my father loved me or not. And if so then why did he leave. I saw myself in her, and i couldnt watch her go through what I did. So ima always be here, even if you do hate me"

" I dont hate you...you just really pissed me off!"

" Yeah i know...and ive been apologizing all week for that. You gotta believe me. I really want things to change between us."

She shrugged " I dont know yet. Why dont you tell me about it this weekend over dinner"

" You mean like a date? A real date. Me and you"

She smiled " Yep, just the two of us"

I hope i dont mess this up!"
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:25 am
-Chapter Sixteen-

The week went right by, and before I knew it the weekend had came. My assistant was taking Promise for the evening; at least until we got back. I was going to take her out on my yacht for dinner and then we'll just see where the rest of the night goes.

I for one, cant believe that Im actually starting to change. Crazy as hell, but it was also worth a try. I mean, since Aaliyah's been gone I been a whole 'nother person. All thanks to a certain someone...

" You ready yet?" Promise said running into my room, jumping on my bed

I looked back at her and continued to brush my hair " I thought you were supposed to be with Carlye"

She nodded " Yeah...i left her downstairs. She was asking too many questions, so I came to see how it was going"

" Im almost ready, just waiting on your mommy to get ready"

Promise's face lit up " She's ready alright. She looks beautiful tonight"

" Really...?"

She nodded " Yes, where are you taking her"

" I cant say, its gonna be a surprise. But im sure she's gonna like it though"

She jumped down from the bed " Well im gonna go tell her your ready oTay" she said throwing her head back

I smiled and touched the tip of her nose " Okay Promise"

she closed the door and I grabbed my phone and keys before looking myself over. I was dressing in a pair of jeans, a white button up, and a pair of forces. This was dressed up for me.

I walked out of my room, and jogged down the steps to see Carlye and Promise sitting there

" Wussup Carlye, how you doing " I asked giving her a hug

" Im fine, you look nice"

I looked down at myself " Yeah I know that already," i said laughing. " But thanks you"

" So where you two going"

I smirked " Out to dinner. What yall gone do for the night"

" Movies and swing someplace for dinner"

"Cool Cool"

Promise looked up at the top of the steps and started cheesing up a storm. I turned around and i think i stopped breathing for a second. Beyonce was comming down the steps, dressed in a simple, but very sexy dress. Standing up there, she looked like a damn angel.

(https://2img.net/h/i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/atlantapimpin-myway/normal_26.jpg)

" Whats everyone starring at" she asked stepping on the last step

Promise giggled and ran over to her " You mommy...you look beautiful"

" Aww thank you sweetheart" she said leaning down to kiss her forehead " You look cute as usual"

Promise giggled again " Does she look pretty Shawn?"

I couldnt speak

" Shawn" Beyonce said snapping her fingers in my face, snapping my trance " You okay?"

"Oh umm...yeah...i...i umm...im good." she nodded as I continued to stare " Wow...you look nice"

" Nice?" she said raising her eyebrow. I nodded and looked away " Wow, okay baby now mommy will be back in a few hours okay, so i want you to be an angel okay. No bad reports you hear me" she said holding her finger out to Promise

" Yes ma'am, ill be a good girl"

She smiled " Okay, gimmie kiss so I can go" Promise stood on her tippy toes and kissed her mom, and with that we both left and went in seperate directions. I let Carlye drive off first before I opened the car door for her. She smiled as i closed it and got in the drivers seat.

" You open doors? Wow, i never would have thought"

I nodded with a smile. Before I turned the car on, I turned to her and grabbed her hand " By the way...you look beautiful tonight"

" Aw, why thank you. You look very nice tonight yourself"

I kept her hand in mine as I started the car and drove off to our destination

---<>---

" Okay so when are you going to tell me, where we're going for dinner?" she asked for the 10th time tonight.

I laughed and shook my head " Im not going to tell you nothan, so hush woman"

" Just so rude" she said laughing. I parked away from our destination, and got out of the car " A parking lot. You brought me to a parking lot for dinner"

" Nah"  i said laughing opening the door and helping her out " Just come with me"

" Where are you taking me?" she said turning to me. I looked at her and got lost in her eyes for a second. And I got scared....what is she doing to me!

" Just trust me you'll like it...but first" I wrapped my arms around her and covered her eyes from behind " You cant peak just yet okay" i whispered in her ear

" Alright" she said barely over a whisper

We walked down the docks, and we walked up onto the boat ramp, when she stopped

" I hear water Shawn..."

" Just a little bit further" we walked completly up onto the boat and the guard let the ramp up closing and latching the door behind us. Beyonce jumped in my arms  " Relax...everything is fine" i removed my hands from her eyes and stepped back a little, so she could take it all in

She looked around and covered her mouth in shock " Shawn..." she turned around " I cant believe you did this"

" I did it for you...you like it"

She gave me a hug " I love it, thank you for this"

I grabbed her hand and led her to the table " Dinner is served, beautiful" i said pulling out her chair letting her sit down

---<>---

After dinner, we sat outside on deck watching...absolutley nothing. I couldn't focus on anything with her sitting in my lap, looking up at me with thoes mezmerizing brown eyes of hers. I dont know how she does it, but she got my head f*cked up

" So I take it that you enjoyed dinner" i asked

She nodded " Yes, i did. You outdid yourself"

I smiled " I just wanted to impress you"

" That you definatly did...thank you for everything"

" Your welcome"

She got up and stood over by the rail and looked out into the water silently. I ran my hands over my face and stood up and walked up behind her

" Something wrong?"

She shook her head " No...i just want to take in the scene"

Damn, she was f*ckin beautiful. I had to have another kiss. It was killing me to just get another taste

I turned her around and grabbed her chin lightly, and leaned in and kissed her on the lips, letting the taste of her lip gloss set on mine. She looked up into my eyes and kissed me back. She parted my lips and stuck her tounge in my mouth. I wrapped mine around hers and kissed the f*ck out of her. I let my hands slide up and down her back and they found their way to her thighs then to the bottom of her dress. Slowly i began to slide it up a little. She pulled her tounge back and lightly pecked my lips softly

" Im sorry...please excuse my hands. They have kinda a one track mind"

She shook her head and stepped back from me a little " No...its...look Shawn...ive been down this road before and i ended up f*cking him on the first night, and it was the worst mistake of my life. I cant go through that again. I need to have something built with you before we make that kinda decision okay"

" Its cool.....i understand iight..."

She smiled a little " It's getting late, maybe we should dock, and go get Promise"

" Thats cool"

She smiled and kissed my cheek " Thank you..." she walked back inside and I watched her go. I was back in my confused state. About 3 months ago, i woulda said f*ck that and would have kept it moving....but now....im willing to wait for her. Something aint right here....what the f*ck is she doing to me.!!??
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:25 am
-Chapter Seventeen-

You know for someone who was as cold as I was, or, used to be, who would have thought that I could be turning into a changed person. Ion really know what is about her but she is like...i dont even know to explain it, but its amazing. Two months and i havent fcked up since. Promise wont let me mess up though, so i have to thank her too...

" So who's the sexiest rapper alive ..." i asked her as we sat down in the studio

She looked around with a smirk, and then back at me " Umm...Ludacris?"

I gently pushed her off my lap " Ludacris! Are you fckin serious." she laughed and placed her hand on my leg, but i pushed it off " Nah ga'head" she was laughing so hard she couldnt even talk

" Okay...okay..." she leaned over in laughter " Alright....im threw" she stopped laughing and reached out her hand to me, but i refused

" I told you to ga'head Bey"

She sat down in my lap again and wrapped her arms around my neck " I was just playing forreal though...you know that you are the cutest rapper alive"

I cut my eyes up at her " I said sexiest not cutest"

" Yeah i know what you said" she said starting to laugh again, but before she got thrown off my lap again, she leaned up and kissed me on the lips " And you are the sexiest rapper alive"

" Mmhm, you lucky you got some nice kisses, otherwise you'd be on the floor right now"

She smiled " Im glad you think so...so anyways when do i get to hear this new song you putting together"

"Ohhh" he grabbed my thigh " I cant let you hear that just yet. Wait for the Def Jam Party at the end of the year and im sure that you'll get to hear it"

" Oh you have a date yet?"

I nodded my head " Yep, this year im taking this sexy ass model chick. I think she's Mexican and Black...mmm, a straight dyme"

She cut her eyes at me " You really have a death wish dont you"

" No i dont...but i was just playing though. You know your my number one choice"

" I better be" she said pushing her finger to my nose." You wanna go out to lunch?"

" I wish we could, but its like...almost 8:00" i said checking my watch

She giggled " Make it dinner"

" Alright lets go"

---<>---

After dinner, we came back to the house, and when we did Promise and Carlye were back from shopping. They had been spending alot of time together. Promise kinda liked her, even if she did ask a million and one questions. When she left, i gotta call from Bleek and Ty-Ty saying that they was at Orange Glow . It was like a lil sports bar about half an hour away

" So my lil beauties, wussup for the night" i asked walking into the kitchen

Beyonce turned her body around in the chair " Something that doesnt involve your name" she said laughing

" Your really not funny you know that" i said mushing her head softly " What about you Promise, what you doing tonight"

" Mommy and I are gonna play dolls. Wanna join us?"

I laughed and rubbed the back of my neck a little " Nah babygirl, Ion do dolls"

Beyonce shook her head " Typicall"

" Yeah huh!" Promise said throwing her head back to look up at me " Remember we played Barbies that time when my mommy went to a meeting...remember!" she said poking me.

I put my head down in shame " Yeah I remember"

Beyonce busted out laughing " You! You played Barbies with Promise. Haha!"

" Thank you Promise....your mother wasnt supposed to find out about that. But now that she does, I have to bounce to save face" I said turning to leave, but Beyonce jumped up and grabbed me by the arm " Nah dont come and suck up now. Im mad"

She poked out her lip " Aww dont be mad, it was just funny"

" Uh-huh, yeah well anyways, gotta go" i said trying to leave again, but she held on tighter

" Wait, where are you going"

" To Orange Glow to meet up with Bleek and Ty-Ty"

" Oh....alright" she said walking over to the fridge. I walked up behind her and placed my hands on her hips " Thought you were leaving"

"C'mon dont be like that Bey, ima be right back iight"

"Uh----huh" she said removing my hands from her waist " See you when you get back"

" Ill be back in an hour tops okay"

" Okay"

I kissed Promise on the cheek and she walked me to the door

I bit my lip and leaned over into her ear " You dont have to worry about me. Im here with you aint I" i said kissing her on the lips

" Yeah"

I nodded and walked out the door, before she closed it  I heard her mumbled " For now"

---<>---

Once I stepped into Organge Glow, it was like being at a club. B.itches everywhere, and it was just the hottest spot to be. I went over to the bar and ordered a beer and walked over to the pool table where Ty and Bleek was playing. I stepped to them and dapped them up and grabbed a chair and watched them play. After about an hour and a half Bleek and I played a game

" So wuss good Jay, havent seen yo duckin ass in awhile " Bleek said

I took swig from my drink " Shit man, i been busy. Tryna get this club together, and the promotional shit that comes along with it"

" Not only that, but that b.itch on ya arm....yeah niggah we do read"

I shook my head " Yeah you been readin a lil too much"

" So you denyin that shit"

" Didnt say all that. Just that whatever you read aint true. Trust." i said drinking again

" So that lil girl she got aint yours" Ty asked

" Hell nah she aint mine! I aint tryna have no babies right now"

" Now that's the Jay I know!" he said dappin me up again " So now lemme ask you a question, you been hittin that"

I turned my face down " Nah man"

They just started laughing " So what b.itch you been keeping behind your back"

I shook my head " None"

" JAY!!!" they yelled out

" What man, i just aint been fckin.Whats so wrong with that"

" Everything man. A niggah got needs and I know as fine as that b.itch is your shit has gotta be going crazy. Thats f.aggot shit man, you need to go ahead and leave her ass alone"

" It aint even like that Bleek, she's good with me. Sex aint all there is"

" Man fck outta here....you aint da real Jay. We might as well start callin yo ass Shawn" he daped Ty up and my jaws got tight

" Yall dont know what the fck yall talkin about. Im still da same motha fcka that scooped up yall broke a.sses back then and made yall somethan"

" Mmhm, prove dat s.hit"

" You-" I got cut off by my phone going off in my pocket. I checked the LCD, it was Beyonce calling me. I bit the inside of my jaw and pressed ignore, turning my phone off all together " You aint said nun but a word"

" Aiight, lets go Club Xpress then" Bleek said tossing the stick down. I downed the rest of my drink and got up to follow them

" Okay, imma meet yall up there" they nodded, got in they cars and headed out of the parking lot. I took the backroad so they couldnt see me and I headed back to the house. I made a promise didnt I?
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:26 am
-Chapter Seventeen-

When i got back to the house, i aint gone lie. I was scared as hell. When I realized that all of the lights were off, i grew even more worried. Usually when I step out for a little bit the lights were always on until i came back. At least thats how Aaliyah used to do it. I unlocked the door, quickly shutting off the alarm before anyone showed up. I went upstairs, cautious of my surroundings and started down the hall. I stopped when i noticed the light comming from Beyonce's bedroom.

I took in a deep breath as I knocked on the door " Bee..." i whispered into the crack of the door

When I got no answer i kept knocking, until she came and opened the door. Cocking her hips to the side she rolled her eyes and shook her head " What?"

" I came to talk to you"

She shook her head again " Theres nothing to talk about Shawn, so just go back to whatever or whoever you were doing"

" Calm down iight, just lemme talk to you right quick" i said grabbing her hand and pulling her down the hall to my room. I shut the door and made her sit down on the bed.

I began removing my shirt as she clicked her manicured nails together " This is pointless"

" Look i really dont know why you all mad and s.hit"

" Whatever, can i leave now. Im tired"

" No, im tryna talk to you about tonight if you'd just fckin listen!" i yelled at her

She jumped up " Niggah who da fck are you yelling at like that. Im not a lil nasty hoes your used to, so i suggest you calm down"

" By the way you actin right now i dont really see a difference"

She shook her head and pushed me " Fck you Shawn. You dont have to worry about how i act. Me and Promise are gone" she said walking to the door snatching it open and slamming it back. I looked at the door and my heart skipped a beat. My body lost control as i charged for the door, making my way down to her room, where she was throwing clothes into a bag. I took in a deep breath as i grabbed her arms " Get off of me" she said quietly

I looked down at her and turned her body towards mine. She was crying. " Come 'ere " i said pulling her to my chest, wrapping my arms around her waist

" Lemme go" she cried trying to pull away

" No" i said grabbing her chin " I dont want you to leave" i leaned down and kissed her on the lips and pushed her down on the bed, laying my body ontop of hers

" Shawn...." she said

I placed my finger to her lip " Shh...just listen okay" she nodded " Look i was out tonight and my boys started dissin you and Promise. And i started to get mad. They started talkin about how i wasnt the same niggah anymore, so i had to prove them wrong. I know i ignored your call but it was a spur the moment thing. They wanted to go to the strip club, and i said i was gonna meet them there. But instead i turned around and came home to be with you. Thats all that happened, i swear baby"

" Okay"

" Okay?" i asked to be sure

She sat up a little " Yes....okay"

" Im sorry iight, i aint mean what i said earlier"

" Its fine, just dont let it happen again. Because i will murder you Shawn"

I smiled and kissed her on the lips " Thank you baby"

" Your welcome"

---<>---

Monday Morning i was back at work, still being as productive as possible. Well sort of, I was texting Beyonce and working at the same time. She was in the studio at Columbia  for the day. Her and Promise. I checked my watch as a reminder for the meeting i had about Kaynes new album. He wanted me to be there for it

" Mr.Carter, you have a visitor here to see you" my secretary buzzed in

I hit the speaker button with a loud sigh " Who is it Brenda?"

" I believe it is your girlfriend"

I squinted my eyes and looked at my phone. Beyonce did tell me that she was going to lunch " Umm...iight send her in"

I went back to my computer as the door swung open. I looked up but i didnt see who i wanted to see " Well...well...well Mr.Carter we meet again"

" Just when I thought my day couldnt get any worse, here comes you"

" So I see you missed me too!"

" What do you want"

She shrugged " Just came to see how you were doing. So in love and everything"

" I aint in love so you can leave. Your no longer my problem. You gotta man for that don't chu "

" You damn right i do, and for once im happy!"

I smirked " Good because im so happy for you. Now go be happy somewhere else"

" Cut the act Jay, you aint foolin nobody. That  gone get the same treatment i did. You were born an a.sshole and thats how your gonna die. A giant a.sshole who could give two s.hits about anyone but yourself. Face it your a bully and a cheater. Thats what you do"

" Im feeling some hostility in the room...are you jealous because i treat her better"

" Jealous?" she laughed

" Yeah as in green with envy or a better word Hating?"

" Niggah please, theres nothing that you got that i want. That lil b.itch aint s.hit, and got nothing i want"

" Oh really...what about that pipe. Huh? You got that. Nah i dont think so. I havent given it to her yet but then she'll have something you dont. Because it'll be offically hers. Like me. Im offically all hers. Now you said what you had to say now leave my office before i have security escort you out."

" This isnt over Jay" she said pointing at me as we walked to the door

" Oh trust me Aaliyah" i said pushing her out the door " It really is" i shut the door in her face and went back to work
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:26 am
-Chapter Eighteen-

That night when I got home, i came home to the cutest thing in the world. Promise was sitting up on the counter with flour on her face and Bey cooking. She liked to give the cook nights off just to cook, which i kinda liked. Nothing is more attractive than seeing a woman cooking; something ediable that is. I threw my jacket across the room and walked into the kitchen.

" Well isnt this cute..." i said making my entrance. Promise looked up and smiled, trying to get the flour off her clothes

" Hey Shawn, we were waiting for you!" she said opening her arms up to me

" Oh you were huh, what yall making?" i said picking her up into my arms

Beyonce turned around from the stove " Something you can eat, now go change them clothes" she said smiling at me

I looked down at Promise " What about her, im not the one with flour and stuff all over my face and clothes" i said poking her in the stomach

" Stop being a big baby!" she said laughing " Just go change and Promise go and wash up please baby"

She wiggeled out of my arms and got down " oTay mommy!" she said running out of the room

" Why cant you do that"

I looked back at her " Do what?"

" Do what I ask when I ask like Promise. Instead of having to pout like a little kid"

I laughed and turned to walk away " Kuz unlike her, im not scared of you"

" Sure you are. I just call it whipped!" she yelled behind me

I went upstairs and changed out of my work clothes and tossed on some basketball shorts and sweats, and a t-shirt and went downstairs. I walked up behind Beyonce and wrapped my arms around her, placing my head on her shoulder

"Mmm...i missed you" i said smiling into her neck

She smiled and turned around in my arms " Oh you did huh?" she asked pressing her lips to mine. I nodded as we pulled away

" Yeah i did" i said touching her face " I always seem to miss you when you go away"

"Hmmm" she said pulling away from me

" Whats wrong?"

" Nothing" she said as Promise came walking down the steps holding up her hands to show they were clean.I shook my head and grabbed her arm lightly " Its nothing"

" Nah tell me"

She smiled up at me " Maybe later" she said grabbing plates. After dinner, i went upstairs and took a shower. When i came out, Beyonce was laying on my bed watching t.v. I laughed and threw my towel at her head

" Are you lost?" i asked

She laughed and removed the towel " No i just got bored so i decided to come in here and wait for you"

" Oh i see...now" i said sitting down on my bed " are you gonna tell me what you were thinking downstairs"

She smiled and continued to watch t.v. " I didnt plan on it"

" Nah ma you gone tell me" i said jumping on her back. She yelled and groaned while trying to stop laughing." Tell me!"

She laughed harder " Only if you promise to get off of me"

" Okay okay" i said rolling off of her onto my back, pulling her on me " Go ahead"

She looked into my eyes and started to smile. I glanced back and i started to smile too. For some reason that keeps happening to me. I just start smiling when I look at her. She reached down and touched my chin

" See that...thats what i noticed. Every time you look at me you just start smiling. And I like that. You are really changing Shawn, weither you know it or not. It shows"

I squinted up at her " So thats good right"

" Thats very good" she said kissing me on the lips. I wanted to tell her about what Aaliyah said but hey...why ruin the moment. Besides, Beyonce has a violent side and I dont want her going to jail.The kiss began to deepen, as I flipped her onto her back and rested inbetween her legs, pinning her arms above her head

She opened her eyes and pulled away from the kiss with a smile " Oh no sir, we still have plenty of time for that" she said pushing me back, getting up

" Where you going"

She smiled " To my room, alone"

" Wait, come here" i said holding out my hand to her. She turned around and grabbed it, and i pulled her back to me " I caint have another kiss"

She smiled and sat on my lap and kissed me on the lips, sliding her tounge in my mouth. I grabbed her thigh and kissed her back. She kissed me one last time and stood up " Goodnight Shawn"

" Night Bey" i said catching my breath, as she walked out of my room.

---<>---

After work the next day, I stopped by the store to pick up Beyonce and Promises's birthday gift. It so happenes it was next to my mothers place so I just stopped by to see her

" It only took you 6 months to come back and see me" she said sitting down at the kitchen table

I shrugged " Ma, thats kuz i hate it over here. Its bugged out" i said pointing towards the can of Raid, sitting up on the counter. " I just wish you'd let me buy you a new house, im the suburbs. Away from this dump"

" Shawn Corey Carter, a new house just aint a home to me. Ive been here forever and this is where i plan to stay"

" But mama.." i started but she cut me off

" Boy dont you back talk me, now where have you been"

I smiled " I been working, you know the usual"

" Your sister told me that you and Aaliyah broke up. And thank god, that child worked my last nerve!"

I laughed " Mine too..."

" So who is the new girl she was telling me about"

I smiled " Oh you must mean Beyonce. Yeah she's cool with me."

" I hope she's better than that other girl."

" Yeah ma...i mean with her its different. Ion know what it is about her though. She's changing me forreal. We been good for 2 months"

" Guess one day i'll have to meet her then. So whats wrong with her?"

I laughed " Whatchu mean whats wrong with her? Nothing!"

" She been with you for two months and havent left you yet. Somethings wrong. What she gotta kid or something"

" Actually she does. A 3 year old girl named Promise. And before you ask, no thats not why we're together"

" Hmmm....what does she do"

" Maybe I should let her tell you one day"

She smiled " Id like that"

" Its just one problem though, Aaliyah and my boys been talkin down at her."

" Excuse my language but fck them and their thoughts. If you like her then what they say wont affect you. Dont let them ruin something good Shawn."

I smiled " Thanks mama, well i gotta get out of here. My girls are waiting on me"

" Bye Shawn" she said hugging me. I grabbed up my keys and walked out the door
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:27 am
--Chapter Nineteen--

After the whole madness of Promise and I's birthday, things went sorta back to normal. I would think so after six whole months. Unfortunatly for the three of us, I was back in the studio trying to finish up the album to drop for the summer.  Promise was getting used to the idea of me working so much, and Shawn well...he's another story. His mood has been a little off but its nothing I cant handle.

I sat inside the recording booth tapping a pencil against my temple trying so hard to finish this song. I knew what I wanted to say but I just couldn't put it into words.

I raised my hand up and motioned for the beat to start again. The track started and I just felt the words come to me.

Uh huh
Uh huh
Uh huh

I said yes to your numba and yes to you dating me
Yes we can be together but you gotta wait for me
The first time i said no
Its like i never said yes (like I never said yes)

I said yes we can be together yes you can stay with me but when i say no not tonight you actin so ungratefully

The first time i said no its like i never said yes

You was on the wall I was with my crew
You was watching me baby
I was watching you
Slowly you walked over I maintained my cool
You said hello to me I said hello to you
You asked me where im from
I asked you what you do
You some how intrigued me
I thought you were so cool
Somewhere between hi and goodbye I felt so comfortable
I felt like we could talk all night so i gave my number to you

I said yes to your numba and yes to you dating me
Yes we can be together---

I stopped singing when I saw the door swing open to the recording studio. The song kept playing but I wasnt singing anymore, once I realized who was standing at the window of the studio.

I opened the door with curious eyes and held my hand up " Stop the track please"

My security stepped up " You want me to take care of this"

I smiled and shook my head " No Shorty, I think I got this from here. Matter of fact why dont we just take a break for a while."

Shorty looked back and forth between us and nodded " Okay but ill be right outside. And if needed, you use thoes god given lungs"

I laughed as he walked out of the room leaving me alone with my "visitor"

" Nice song you got there. Wrote it yourself"

I nodded and sat down on the arm of the couch, folding my arms over my chest " Yep, thats usually how I do my music. I know my music doesnt have people this thirsty for a song so lets not sugar this up, why are you really here?"

" Actually, Im here to talk to you. In peace"

I shifted my weight " Im all ears"

" Look, I dont know anything about you. But I do know that you and Jay aint gonna last. Take if from me, I know the truth about him.You may think you do, but I promise you its all a show. Jay dont know how to have feelings for real."

" Everything is just fine between us"

" Yeah---for now. Beyonce sweetheart just open your eyes. That man isnt the man you think he is. He's going to turn on you and that pretty little girl."

" Shawn isnt like that, you dont know what your talking about. And I would appreciate it if you didnt mention my daughter in any way.I dont know you well enough for all of that okay"

She put her hands up in defense " Alright, I can see where this is going. Ill back off, but I know that you and I will be having a conversation later on down the line when he messes up. And trust me, he will" and with that she walked towards the door

"I appreciate the words of wisdom Aaliyah, but I think Shawn and I can handel this on our own"

" Yeah...thats what I thought when his ex came to me" and she walked right out the door. I took in a deep breath and walked back over to the recording booth, where my phone started to go off. I hit the talk button, before flopping down in the chair

" Hello..." i said flipping through the papers around me

" Hey baby, wussup"

"Nothing, I miss you so much" He had taken Promise out for the day while I stayed cramped up in the studio all day

" Really, thats strange kuz I missed you too baby. But listen how about we have dinner tonight. Just the four of us."

" Four?"

" Uh---um yeah. Me, you, Promise, and my mother"

" Seriously you want us to have dinner together"

" Yeah I mean, I figured why not get all my favorite girls together for dinner...So how bout it mama?"

I smiled and looked down " I would love too"

" Great, reservations at her house at 6."

" Okay baby that sounds great. Now I gotta get back into the booth, and finish up okay"

" Aiight baby, see you later okay"

" Okay bye"

---<>---

Dinner with his mother felt, not only terrifying but...well that basically sums it all up for me. She watched me the entire night. Everything I did, her eyes were on me. Except for the few occasions when she would switch her eyes from between Shawn and I. Promise fortunatly, lucked out because she just about fell asleep during dinner and got to go lay down for the evening. But other than the awkward looks, the dinner went...well.

" So basically, its just about done now. Im just recording a few more songs"

She smiled and touched my hand " Thats wonderful dear. I bet it'll be very nice. You have a wonderful voice"

" Thank you Ms.Carter, I love the feedback from all fans"

She stood up as well as I did. As a routeen, I picked up the plates " Oh no sweetheart you dont have to do that. You are my guest."

" Its really no problem"

She smiled and shook her head, before popping Shawn upside the head " Get up and clear this table, and wash the dishes."

He rubbed his head " Why do I have to do it mama"

" Boy because I said so. Beyonce and I are going to the porch to talk a little more. You get started"

" Yes mama"

She grabbed my hand and we walked out to the front porch and sat down on the padded chairs.

" Dinner was lovely Ms.Carter. I really enjoyed it"

She laughed a little " I wish Shawn was more like you. That boy doesnt appreciate good meals anymore." i smiled and agreed " Speaking of Shawn...its very clear to me that you and I can agree on one thing"

" Whats that?"

She nodded " You love him dont you"

" How'd you know that. I havent said---"

She cut me off " Everytime you look at him, your eye sparkels baby. Trust me, you got it bad!"

I looked down and blushed " Your right. I do"

" Are you going to tell him?"

I nodded " Eventually I will. I dont wanna scare him. Things are going so well, I dont want him to turn on me or anything"

She shook her head " That little----" she stopped herself " Lemme guess Aaliyah spoke to you didnt she"

" Yep"

" Ignore her, she wants what you have. But thats not going to happen. Trust me"

The door opened and Shawn walked out, carrying a sleeping Promise " Alright mama, the dishes are done and your table is clean. We gotta get going iight"

" Alright" she kissed Shawn and the side of Promise's head. I gave her a hug " You remember what I said. And take care of that baby okay"

" Yes ma'am"

" See you later ma"

---<>---

After my shower I laid down at the foot of Promise's bed and watched her sleep for awhile. It amazed me how much I loved my little angel. But that little angel can turn on you when she gets to rolling in her sleep. And the moment she turned over, I knew it was my que to go. On my way out of her room, Shawn was walking past the door. I closed it

" Hey!"

He turned around and smiled " Hey, I was just about to come and find you." he said grabbing my hands, pulling me towards him

" Oh really, well im on my way to bed, so look for me in the morning"

He leaned down and placed his lips on mine. Slowly he pulleda way just a little and then closed the gap quickly with his lips again. I pulled back from the kiss

" Goodnight baby" i said pulling away from him. He bit his lip and pulled me back by my hands

" How bout you sleep with me tonight" he said looking down at me

" Really? You sure about that"

He leaned down and kissed me on the lips again " Im very sure" he said pulling me towards his room. I giggled like a lil girl as he tackled me down onto his bed, wrapping me up in his body. He kissed me on the neck, then on my cheek, and then on the lips. I rolled over to face him and our lips met. It was the perfect moment, and I wanted to say it but I couldn't get it out.

" I think ima sleep real good tonight" he said breaking the kiss

I smiled " And why's that"

" Kuz I got my baby in here with me. And this is how i want it to be from now on. You next to me iight"

" Okay baby" i said closing the space inbetween our lips
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:28 am
Chapter Twenty

One month later and my album was being released. It was about that time too, and I was more than happy. This was going to be one of thoes timeless albums that people were going to be playing over and over again til it broke. It was called Dangerously In Love. Only for one reason; Shawn. Tonight was the album release party, and I was still scrambling around trying to get everything perfect.

" You know all of this pacing is starting to drive me crazy!" Shawn said looking over at me from the bed. He was trying to watch the high lights of the game but I was too busy trying to remember where my dress was to sit with him.

" Yeah well ill sit still when I remember where my dress is."

He shook his head " What dress"

" The black one with the back cut low, and spaghetti strap. It was really nice"

" Oh..." he laughed and shifted his weight a little " I had that sent back."

My body snapped turned towards him " YOU DID WHAT!"

" I mean, i saw it and it was too revealing for you. So I sent it back and got you something else"

" Who the hell told you to do that!"

He shrugged " Hey I was just lookin out for you."

" I didnt ask you to look out for me Shawn, Im a grown ass woman you know." I sat down on the chair " Now I gotta find a new dress!"

" Why I just said I bought you another one. Relax"

I turned my head " Relax.Relax? YOU WANT ME TO RELAX AFTER YOU SENT MY DRESS BACK! And I bet you got something shitty in exchange right?"

He laughed and got up. He went into the closet and pushed some clothes around before retreving a dress drapped in a black covering. He handed it to me and went and sat back down. I cut my eyes at him and pulled the zipper down, pushing the black covering all the way down. My eyes scanned over the dress and I think I stopped breathing. My eyes watered up and I took it out completely. It was a light blue dress that was exactly like the black one, only 1,000 times better. It was beautiful.

I turned around to Shawn who was grinnin. I stood up and laid ontop of him, kissing him all over his face

" Thank you!"

He laughed and pushed me off of him " Yeah see I got taste too!"

" Im sorry your right your right. But thank you baby" i said kissing him on the lips

" You welcome, now why dont you go get Promise ready to go to my moms , while I take a shower iight"

" Okay" i zipped up the dress and placed it on the chair

- - -

Everyone had their heads moving all through out the party.People really enjoyed each track. They really liked my music, kuz everytime the track stopped playing they grew upset.Lol but its okay though. It felt good to see all of my fans getting back used to me. Speaking of my fan, there was one who had been watching me all night. He wasnt one of thoes people who tried to hide it either, he was bold. He even had the balls to send me a drink earlier. I didnt even drink it but I had nodded over to him as a thank you. I guess that built up his confidence kuz he's been sending them all night

My eyes scanned the entire room until I found the fan I was fond of . He was standing with his back turned to me and was standing with a group of...ugh groupies! I hated thirsty es who had no man of they own and wanted to take someone else's.

I tapped him on the shoulder and waited. He put his finger up to me and continued talking. Excuse me

" Um hello!" I said shoving his shoulder. He turned around and his smile dropped " Surprise"

" Hey Bee"

Bee? What happened to baby? " Where have you been Jay?" If he can do it, so can I.

He rubbed the back of his neck " Around. Talkin and stuff"

I looked at him and rolled my eyes " Really" A girl that he was standing with grabbed his arm

" How about we go dance Jay"

He looked at me and then back at her and shrugged " You mind?"

I know he didnt ask me that! " Hell yeah I mind. Now please get the fck away from him" the girls looked at each other and then at him and walked away towards the bar. " Now what is your problem"

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and shrugged " Aint got one"

" Shawn" i stepped closer to him and looked into his eyes " Are you high?"

He laughed and pushed me back " Just a lil bit"

" Wow, you pick the greatest night of my life to get high.! Ugh your sucha "

He nodded " Yeah you right. Why dont you go see what ol boy who keep sendin you drinks is up to"

" Why you actin like this?"

Before he could say something, a group of men walked up to his and dapped him up. He kinda pushed me out the way a little.

" Jay nigga we was just lookin for yo ass"

He laughed " Nigga I been around here all night"

" Dats wussup so whos diis lil mama right here" one said looking at me. He shook his head and grabbed a shot glass off the waitress's tray and downed it

" Oh her....nobody"

I bit the inside of my jaw to stop myself from crying and just walked away; giving him a cold ass stare. I went into the bathroom and locked the door and slid down on the floor. How could he? People would just blame it on the weed, but that nigga has been high before and knows what he was saying when he is. He knew! Tears rolled down my face and my chest began to hurt.

Doesnt he know that I love him. And that he means the world to him. But to him, im just...nobody. I sat up and stood to my feet. Looking my self over in the mirror I began to clean my face up, re-applying my make-up a little bit. I wish I could just sit in here all night, but I couldn't dissapoint my fans and the people who came to support me.

I took in a deep breath as I unlocked the door and stepped out, accidently bumping into someone, sending their drink to the ground.

" Oh my god, im so sorry!"

The man laughed and picked up the cup " No really its my fault. I wasn't watching myself"

" I should have been more careful"

I looked up at the man, and he was smiling down at me. It was him. My fan from across the room who had been sending me drinks all night. " The famous Beyonce Knowles"

I smiled " Yeah thats me, the one you've been sending drinks to all night"

(https://2img.net/h/i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/atlantapimpin-myway/CAKVQPIF.jpg)" Wait you got thoes?" I nodded " Oh my bad sweetheart thoes werent for you.Thats what I get for not just walking up to her in the first place"

" Ohhh....umm Im...Im sorry" I stammered. Dont I feel stupid

He laughed and let his hand caress my jawline " I was just kidding, they were definatly for you beautiful"

I smiled " Well thank you"

" Oh yeah by the way Im Preston Allen-King"

I raised my eyebrow " Preston Curtis Allen-King, the greatest directors in the business. I heard alot of  things about you"

" Good things I hope"

I smiled " Of course...well it was nice meeting you but I dont wanna hold you up"

" Actually your not. Ive been waiting all night for this moment."

" To talk to me?"

He smiled. Wow was it nice too " I hope it doesnt sound stupid, but actually yeah"

" Nah it doesnt sound stupid. Im flattered."

" Soo can I buy you a drink...maybe one that you'll actually drink this time"

I laughed and nodded " Id like that"

We walked over to the bar and we sat down. We started talking, and by the time an hour had past I was crying. He really was funny, and told amazing stories. This would have to be the best part of the night

" So you know if you ever need a director for any of your video's Id love to be the one you called" he said handing me his card

I nodded " Im pretty sure that you will."

" I dont know if I told you this tonight, but you really are beautiful"

I shifted in my seat " Well ive only heard that three times tonight but it never hurts to hear it again."

I looked up and saw Shawn walkin over to me. He grabbed my arm " Its time to go Beyonce"

I snatched out of his grip " Dont touch me! Look Preston, it was really nice meeting you. But I have to go and pick up my daughter"

" I wouldnt want to keep a little girls mother out so late" he said laughing " But dont worry about it, its good. Dont forget to call if you ever need a director"

" Okay, I wont"

I nodded goodbye as Shawn and I headed out the door. I looked over at him and rolled my eyes as we got in the backseat of the car.

" So did you have fun?" he asked looking over at me

I laughed and looked out the window as we drove off " Nigga please!"
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Chapter Twenty-One

-Beyonce POV-

I sat in the corner of the living room, shuffling through phone books looking for certain numbers. Shawn walked through the living room just as I had started to dial the number. I got up of the chair and closed my phone, grabbing the phone books.

I brushed right past him and went into the kitchen, spreading everything out on the kitchen table

" So you just gone ignore me!" Shawn yelled walking into the kitchen. I shook my head and continued looking for numbers. I circle one with a pen and kept doing that to avoid from talking to him

" You aint gone answer me?"

I looked up " Nope"

I looked back down with a smirk. That was the most Ive said to his stupid a.ss in two weeks. Everything else was just silent. He was really starting to get on my nerves with all of that yelling he was doing.

" C'mon Beyonce why wont you talk to me!"

My cell phone began to ring.I sighed and got up out of the chair and went upstairs to answer it. Leaving the books behind me. As I was walking up the stairs I noticed Shawn looking at the things I circle. I laughed to myself and he shoved them off the table in frustration.

" Hello, Beyonce Knowles speaking"

" Good afternoon Ms.Knowles, this is Rachel Poole calling back about the building."

" Oh yes, how is that looking"

" Its finished, whenever your ready to take it is fine"

I looked down stairs " Oh trust me, It wont be long from now"

" Alright well you have my number, just call me back when your ready to sign."

" I surely will. Thank you so much"

" My pleasure" and with that she hung up. I chuckled to myself as I went back to my room and put on my shoes. If your thinking what I know you are, then your right. Im so moving out!

- - -

That night after getting Promise into bed, and watching her fall asleep. I decided to get out of the house for awhile. Just to take sometime to myself. And to get away from Shawn's moody ass

What better way to clear your mind than Ice Cream. I walked into the small ice cream parlor on the corner with a giant hood over my head and  big dark sunglasses

" One Butter Pecan medium cone please"

A voice behind me laughed " So thats your secret to thoes healthy curves. Ice Cream at midnight"

I turned around and came face to face with Preston. I laughed and paid for my ice cream. I placed my finger over my lips " Shhh! Nobody can know that"

" Your secrets safe with me"

The lady handed me my cone and my change " How did you know it was me anyway"

" Well first of all, like any director I study people alot and I know that body....besides...your disguise sucks!"

We both laughed " I tired to pull it off, but I guess not."

He walked over to the counter and ordered a vanilla and caramel ice cream cone with extra caramel sauce. He paid for it and turned around licking the top

" Your going to get sick with all of that Caramel"

He winked at me " Trust me, I like Caramel"

" Flirting?"

" Is it obvious" I nodded " Well since we're both here, you wanna sit down for a minute?"

" Um..sure. Why not?"

As we finished our Ice Cream, I got the chance to really look him over. He was just...sexy! He had the darkest eyes and the sexiest lips. Other than his big head, he was sexy as hell.

" You like what you see?" he asked grabbing my hand

I bit my lip as he starred into my eyes " Um...I should get going"

" Yeah its getting late."

We got up and threw away our trash and he walked me to my car.

" Call me sometimes," he said " Id love to do this again"

I smiled " Me too. Ill text you when I get in. Cool?"

" Imma be waitin Ms.Beyonce"

" Bye"

And with that I drove off. When I got back to the house. I went upstairs and went into Promises room. She was laying on her side, hugging her teddy bear. I smiled and kissed the top of her head

" Mommy loves you so much sweetheart."

She opened her eyes a little " I love you too mommy"

" Go back to sleep pookie! Ill see you in the morning"

Her eyes closed and she was out like a light. My baby slept hard. I kissed her cheek and pulled the covers back over her. I went down the hall to the room Shawn and I still shared and tired to open the door but it was locked. I knocked on the door but I got no answer.

" I wonder if he knows that this doesnt bother me" I said walking down the hall to the room that I used to sleep in. I laid down on the bed and sent a text message before I closed my eyes. Tomorrow was definatly moving day.
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Chapter Twenty-Two

I looked at my watch. It was 1:30 exactly. Shawn had went to breakfast with his so called friends this morning, and hadnt came back yet. Who cares though. It gave me time to do what the hell I needed to do without having to hear his voice.

" Mommy!" I looked up from the toys at Promise " You cant put my doll at the bottom, she wont be able to breaf"

I shook my head " Promise she will be fine, I promise okay. And as soon as we get to the house we will get her out alright"

She folded her mouth up and pouted. " Okay, but can we take that box first?"

I laughed and grabbed her body and pulled it towards me " Anything you want sweetheart" She giggled and sat down in my lap

" Mommy...?" she asked looking up at me " Are we moving out because of the way Shawn is acting"

I nodded " That and the fact that its time for mommy to be in her own space. And you too. Im doing this mostly for you. I promised that I was going to take care of you forever. And I promised that nothing was going to happen to you on my watch. Remember?"

" I remember....okay well im gunna go get the rest of my toys kay!"

I kissed her cheek and helped her up " Okay mama"

I finished up with her toys and sat the box next to her clothes. I went downstairs to grab a bunch boxes to put my clothes in. I sat them outside of Shawn's room as I went through the clothes, taking out my clothes. Folding them neatly and placing them in the boxes. I grabbed the tape and sealed it up, shoving it to the side

I heard footsteps running behind me " Mooommy!"

I turned around " Yes my love?"

" Can you turn on a moive for me, im getting bored with all of this packing"

I laughed " Did you pack up all of your toys and the rest of your shoes."

" Yessss...and my covers and my pillows and my hair stuff, and my bath stuff, and my coloring books!"

" Okay ill be there in a second" I got up and turned on the movie for her and came back to finish

I looked down the hall and saw Shawn coming towards his room. He looked at me and immediatly got loud

" So what you just gone move out."

I nodded and continued packing " Thats exactly what Im doing."

" Man you still stuck on that shit!"

I shook my head " Watch your mouth, my daughter is still here!"

" Ion give a fck, we gone talk about this shit right now!" he yelled pushing the door closed with all of his might. " You aint just gone up and leave. That aint what we disscussed"

" We also aint discuss you being an asshole but you are!"

" Oh ima asshole now!"

I nodded " Hell yeah!" i put the rest of the clothes in the boxes and taped them up. I stood up and he grabbed me by the arm " Boy you better let go of me. I aint Aaliyah!"

" Tha fck is that supposed to mean!?"

" You can push and grab on that b.itch all you want, but ima tell you like this for the last time. I aint that fckin female that you used to. It'll be a cold day in hell before I let yo stupid ass put your hands on me like you fckin crazy. Ill stick my foot so far up your ass, you'll be throwing up Giuseppe Zanotti for the rest of your life. Now I dare you to even try it! Im so glad im getting the fck outta here!!"

" Beyonce you caint leave"

I pushed him back off of him " You havent given me a reason to stay. And im not, so ill see you in another lifetime." I picked up the boxes and took them downstairs. He followed me down the stairs and watched as I brought everything of mines and Promise's down stairs. The movers came and loaded everything up on the truck.

I went upstairs and got Promise. She looked over and Shawn and I could see the sadness in her little face

" Im gonna miss you lil mama" he said reaching down to pick her up. She nodded and laid her head on his shoulder

" Mommy says I gotta go"

He nodded " I know but maybe you can still visit me"

" I hope so" she said looking at me

" We will talk about that later okay baby. Now go get your jacket from the closet please." He let her down and she ran away

I started to open the door but he stopped me " I cant beleive you leavin over some stupid shit Beyonce."

" It wasnt stupid..." I turned around " You just dont get it do you."

Promise came back and grabbed my hand, ready to go

" Get what!? What do you want me to get!"

I shook my head " I really loved you...but I guess when you care too much about what your boys think, you cant see it." I sighed and opened the door " Goodbye Shawn" and with that I walked out of the door
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:29 am
Two Months Later

Chapter Twenty-Three

Being here in this house felt so good. This was independent to the extreme. I was doing very well. The album was the best seller, and I was even thinking of doing a movie. I had even bought two new cars for me

A new typical Friday night for me. I was stuck in the kitchen looking for something to make for dinner. Promise wasnt any kind of help anymore. She acted like she knew nothing. Oh but when that t.v. comes on she remembers

I threw my cookbook across the counter of the kitchen in frustration

" I think I smell something good coming from the kitchen" a voice said behind me

I shook my head " It aint food"

" Trust me...thats not it" a pair of hands wrapped around the belt loops of my jeans. I smiled shyly as I felt my body being pulled into the chest that I had grown to admire over time

I tilted my head back and rested my chin on his chest. " I see someone's awake"

He laughed and rubbed his eye " Yeah that video shoot lasted forever. It just had to be " perfect". " he mimicked

I giggled " Im a perfectionist, sorry!"

" Oh trust me...." he said looking down at me " Im not mad atchu. I like having you by myside"

" That was just to make sure you had your eyes in the right place. Not on Alicia Keys"

He smiled and touched the tip of my nose " Beleive me, she's no you" he leaned down and kissed me on the lips. I smiled and pulled away from the kiss and looked him in the eyes

" How is it humanly possible for a simple kiss to be so sweet?" i asked

" Kuz it was your lips on mine, and trust me baby aint nothing sweeter"

" Sucha smooth talker"

He smiled " Only for you"

I pulled away from his grip and leaned up against the counter " Okay Mr.King, what will it be for dinner tonight"

" Ummm you?" he asked kissing me on the lips again. I giggled and put my hands on his chest to stop him from going any further.

" This is serious"

" Okay, well did you ask Promise what she wanted?"

I nodded " Yeah but she doesnt answer me anymore"

He looked over my shoulder and smiled at me " Mind if I give it a try?" he asked

" Sure"

He walked out into the living room and sat down across from Promise. I watched as they started talking and went back to what I was doing. Minutes later they came walking back

" Go ahead and tell her" he said patting her shoulder. She looked up at him and laughed

" Nooooo"

" She wont be mad, and if she is, ill take care of that."

She raised her arms up at me with that baby face i gave her. I shook my head and picked her up, sitting her on the island

" Now im 100% sure that you did something you wasnt supposed to. Am I right?"

She nodded and looked over my shoulder.

" Now what did you do?"

She looked down " My tummy hurts, kuz i ate too many cookies"

" Uh-huh...and I suppose that you got thoes cookies from a certain someone that is slowly backing up out the kitchen. Am I right?"

She giggled " Yes..."

" Promise you can go lay in my room okay. Ill bring you something to settle your stomach okay sweetheart"

I helped her down " Okay mommy."

She walked upstairs. I turned my attention across the room

" And where do you think your going?"

He laughed " Uh----" and with that he took off running into the living room.

" Na-uh. Dont run" i said chasing after him

- - -

I looked over at the clock, it was going on midnight. I lifted my body up off of Preston's chest a little, and starred at him. We were laying on the couch, with me laying ontop of him watching t.v and he had fell asleep. I smiled as I used my index finger to trace the features on his face. After Shawn and I broke up, Preston and I began to see alot of each other, and about 3 weeks down the line, we became a couple.

He was indeed the opposite from the thrown together relationship Shawn and I had. He was just about everything I had wanted. Sweet, caring, funny, smart, he listened to me, he respected me, he loved my baby, and he treated me with respect.

He slowly began to open his eyes. My smile widened

" Why is it that everytime I fall alseep near you, I always wake up to you starring at me tracing my face"

I shrugged " I dunno, but I like it, and I know you do too"

" Yeah I cant lie about that"

" Of course not"

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me " So how was the movie"

" It was good, would have been even better if someone would have stayed awake" i said poking his chest

He smiled and ran his hand over his face " Im sorry baby, these video shoots are killing me"

" I know your tired, so im not mad atchu"

" Good....come here " he said pulling me up closer to him. " Can I have a kiss, beautiful?"

I smiled " Of course you can" i leaned down and kissed him on the lips.

" Mmm..." he said slowly pulling away

" That was nice"

" Yes it was...ugh, baby I really gotta get home. Its getting late"

I poked my lip out and kissed him again " No, dont go"

" Awh, im sorry. I promise ill stay tomorrow night okay. That is if you want me to?"

" Of course I do."

I got up off of him and waited for him to put on his shoes and jacket. He grabbed my hand and we walked to the door. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me on the lips

" Ill call you when I get home alright, just make sure your up"

I giggled " Okay baby"

He kissed me one last time before walking out the door. I smiled and locked the door before leaning up against it. I was missing him already.

[My Preseton King]

I know you got that feeling already huh? I bet as soon as I left you started to miss me

< She's My Everything>

I smiled at his message and his text signature before texting back

[ His Bumble Bee]

Actually I get that feeling everytime you come around.I have when you leave, kuz i miss you so much.
*Falling For Him*

[ My Preston King]

You know what, ima go run and take a shower and ill be back over there in half an hour. Okay babe
< She's My Everything>

[ His Bumble Bee]

Smile okay baby!

*Falling For Him*

Last edited by Leticia on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Leticia
Leticia
Admin

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:29 am
Chapter Twenty-Four

Today was an important day for everyone...well almost everyone. Preston had a video shoot with the one person that he's wanted to work with his entire life;the famous Janet Jackson. Only a fool would pass up that oppourtunity. Promise was having her picture taken at school today, a big deal in every four year olds life, and me, I was off to Harlem for a few hours to do a promotional shoot for Elite magazine. I couldn't wait

" Mommy are you gunna make my hair pretty?" Promise asked walking over to me with her brush and hair box filled with hair bows, barrets, ribbons and hair balls

I smiled and took her hand " Sweetheart your hair always looks pretty"

" Doesnt it" i laughed and sat her inbetween my legs on the bed. She was too much!

" Are you gonna be good in school today little miss"

She looked up at me " Yes, I promise"

" Good, kuz i dont want you getting dirty. Lets see some nice pictures okay boo"

" Kay mommy"

I parted her hair into two and put in two long curly ponytails, wrapping her white, purple and green ribbon around both. Her school colors. I started her at Robert J. Narvy Academy for Girls about two months ago, just to get her on track. When she is ready for Kindergarten im going to enroll her into Westlake Jr.Academy for the Performing Arts. A while ago, she auditioned for a dance spot in the school and got in, but they agreed to let her in when she was ready.

I got her dressed in her white shirt and she put on her plaid jumper and shoes. I got dressed and we left out of the house and headed to her school. I was driving today, I really didnt feel like being driven around until later on until I left

" Hey mommy?"

I looked in the rear view mirror back at her. " Yeah babe"

" I miss Shawn a lot"

I poked out my lip " Awh you do" she nodded " Well im sure he misses you too boo"

" Do you think that I could see him again?"

I shrugged " Promise dont start that again. I really dont know honey"

" You never know!"

" Hey! You better watch your tone little girl. Now I said dont start it, and I meant that. You better not go there with me this morning. I will pull over and spank your little behind. Test me again"

She folded her mouth and crossed her arms " Sorry" she said tightly

I shook my head " Your going to see him again Promise. I wouldnt keep you too far away from him. I wouldnt do that to you okay" she unfolded her arms, as I pulled up to the red light. I looked back at her " Promise..."

She smiled " Okay mommy"

" Kiss" i said. She smiled and blew a kiss at me. I caught it and placed it on my chest, where my heart was. I returned the favor and laughed as she did the same

I pulled up to Narvy Academy and parked the car. We walked up to the front of the school. I smiled and straighted out her jumper. I lightly pinched her cheek

" Are you going to have a good day?"

She nodded and gave me a tight hug " Yes mommy, I love you"

" I love you too babygirl."

" Kiss!" she said. I blew her a kiss and she caught it as we did before in the car. She returned the favor and I stood up. I kissed her on the cheek and forehead before she walked into the school. I called Preston on the way out

" Goodmorning beautiful"

I smiled " Morning to you too."

" Where you headed?"

I pulled out of the parking lot with the phone stuck to my ear. I switched to bluetooth before I wrecked my car. " Well I just dropped Promise off and now im on my way back home to get ready to leave in about an hour and a half"

" Mmm, so does that mean that I can spend a little time with you before you go"

I smiled " Just a little bit, but you better hurry up"

" Thats one thing you'll never have to worry about. I never rush anything."

I noticed the emphasis he put on rush, and rolled my eyes " Freak" i said before hanging up.

- - -

I sat back up against the wall with my head down and the phone pressed to my ear. This was the last thing that I wanted to hear right now. I was stuck in Harlem for the next few hours and I had no one to pick Promise up from school. I started her early so she can be ahead.

" Bay..." the voice said on the other line

I sniffed and wiped my face " What?"

" Im so sorry. Please dont be mad at me"

I shook my head " Its not your fault...its mine! I shouldn't even be here"

" You gotta work. Its your job too."

I placed my hands in my hands " But she's way more important"

" I know she is baby. I'll tell you what if I can get out of the video shoot early and then I can try and get her by 6."

I rubbed my forehead in frustration " NO! Ill be home by then.What am I doing here. I need to get home"

"Sweetheart just calm down okay. We will get her home okay."

" Look Preston, im gonna call you back okay"

" Okay baby, im really sorry"

" Please stop apologizing, ill call you back boo. Bye!" and with that I hung up on him. I wanted to throw my phone across the room, but what good would that do? I quickly scanned my phone and started searching for names. There had to be SOMEONE who could get Promise for me.

I couldn't find anyone!  Why is this happening to me.

As I sat there looking for a number I realized who I could call on. No matter what

I dialed the number " Hello"

" Um....I...."

The voice cleared itself " Bee?"

" I need a favor"

" Name it, you got it"

" Its about Promise"

" Dont say no more. I got chu"

" Your a life saver...thank you"

" Anytime"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum